Skip to main content

2012 Week 8 Jacksonville at Green Bay

Weather:
Partly cloudy. Highs around 43. North wind 5 to 10 mph. 6% probablility of precipitation

With the Call:
Play-by-play man Greg Gumbel and color analyst Dan Dierdorf will have the call from the broadcast booth.

Packers Pregame Radio Show (starts two hours before the game):
Listen Here

Gamecenter/Rosters:
Gamecenter
Packers Roster
Jaguars Roster

Captains:

Officials:
Referee Carl Cheffers
Umpire Undrey Wash (96)
Head Linesman Kent Payne (79)
Line Judge Tom Symonette (100)
Field Judge Jimmy Buchanan (86)
Side Judge Laird Hayes (125)
Back Judge Todd Prukop (30)

Inactives:
Green Bay Packers
21 DB Charles Woodson
30 FB John Kuhn
37 CB Sam Shields
53 LB Nick Perry
85 WR Greg Jennings
87 WR Jordy Nelson

Note: The Packers’ active roster has only 52 players. Only six players needed to be declared as inactive today.

Starting lineup changes: On offense, #18 Randall Cobb will start in place of #87 Jordy Nelson. On defense, #93 Erik Walden will start at left outside linebacker in place of #53 Nick Perry. #29 Casey Hayward will start at right cornerback in place of #37 Sam Shields.

Jacsonville Jaguars
21 CB Derek Cox
24 RB Montell Owens
25 DB Dwight Lowery
32 RB Maurice Jones-Drew
81 WR Laurent Robinson
95 DT D’Anthony Smith
98 DT Jeris Pendleton

Starting lineup changes: On offense, #84 Cecil Shorts III will start in place of #81 Laurent Robinson at wide receiver. On defense, #42 Chris Prosinski will start in place of #25 Dwight Lowery at free safety.

Video:
Packers-Jaguars NFL Films game preview
'Playbook': Jaguars vs. Packers
Final Thoughts on Packers-Jaguars

quote:
Packers-Jaguars Week 8 Dope Sheet

Rodgers connected on 30 of 37 passes at St. Louis, an 81.8 completion percentage that set a single-game franchise record among quarterbacks with 35-plus attempts.

The Packers have averaged 31.7 points per game at home since 2009, No. 1 in the league over that span. Green Bay has posted 30-plus points in 13 of 27 home games since ’09 and eight 40-point games.

Notable Connections
…Jaguars G/C Jason Spitz, who is on injured reserve, was drafted by the Packers in the third round in 2006 and played five seasons (2006-10) in Green Bay……Jaguars offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski’s father, Zeke, played quarterback for the Packers for seven seasons (1963-68, 1971) and coached on the staff in Green Bay for nine seasons (1969-70, 1975-81)…Jaguars running backs coach Sylvester Croom held the same position with the Packers from 2001-03……Jaguars assistant offensive line coach Ron Prince was the head coach at Kansas State for Packers WR Jordy Nelson’s final two seasons at the school

quote:
Packers' Alex Green determined to gain yards
packers.com

by Mike Spofford on Friday, October 26th, 2012

Of course, the Packers would like to improve on that quality part. McCarthy made it clear earlier this week that blame for the rough day running the ball lay everywhere, from Green to the offensive line to the receivers blocking on the perimeter. McCarthy even challenged his players’ toughness a bit, expressing disappointment that no one was pushing the pile for the “hard yards.”

To their credit, they’ve all owned up to their part in the struggles.

“I probably could have pressed the holes a little more and done a better job of running downhill, making the right reads, making the reads quick,” Green said. “The one-, two-yard gains, I shouldn’t allow that. I take that very personal.”

“We need to start winning first downs, giving ourselves favorable down-and-distances,” right tackle Bryan Bulaga said. “That comes down on the guys on the offensive line. We need to be able to create better lanes and give him more room to run. That’s on us.”

In any event, the bungled opportunity only has Green more anxious to redeem himself on Sunday.

“Anytime you miss a wide-open hole, you’re definitely frustrated,” Green said. “It doesn’t happen too many times in the NFL. When you look at the tape and see (that), it gives a bad taste in your mouth.” continue

quote:
Tweets:
PackerUpdate
According to Pro Football Focus, GB's offensive line is the 17th best group in league. Rank 7th in pass protection and 27th in run blocking.

BobMcGinn
Through 7 games, #Packers defense has 31 missed tackles (my count) compared to 53 at this time in '11. McCarthy's tirades/emphasis worked.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

So the starting receivers are JJ, Cobb, Driver, Boykins. Add in Finley and Crabby. I have a feeling we will see a bit more DJ and Taylor today too. With Kuhn out, MM pretty much said they will play the FB role. It should be interesting. My main concern there is if they can pick up blitzes like Kuhn can (see ARs comments about Kuhn's double block on the one TD last week).

I think I we can still win with that... lucky to have so much depth.

quote:
Originally posted by CUPackFan:
Anyone know why PFT is reporting that Walden is inactive? Mistake, or is there soemthing we don't know?

Link

Update from PFT:

quote:
UPDATE 12:29 p.m. ET: Packers LB Erik Walden was originally listed as inactive. That was incorrect, he will play on Sunday.
LoriNickel
Wonder if Starks plays much. Told me Wed. toe "is better. It will be sore sometimes after practice but it doesn’t really bother me now.”

LoriNickel
McCarthy said on his radio show just now that Jordy Nelson's workout showed he was just not ready with the hamstring. He'll sit this out.

CBSPackers
Lambeau Field crowd loudly cheers former FB William Henderson during pregame honor. Henderson was my first-ever pro athlete autograph.

packers
Today’s GAMEDAY program cover at Lambeau Field, featuring Tramon Williams.link

I agree Goalline. I do necessarily think they'll lose. But I think the predictions of blowouts may be a bit off. The Packers are really banged up. Their 6 inactives are all starters. Offensively, there are a LOT of weapons not playing. And as you mentioned, they have a tendency to play play down to inferior teams.
quote:
Originally posted by Goalline:
I have a bad feeling about this game and I don't know why? Perhaps the Packers penchant for playing down to the opposition?

Jinx.

Waaaaay too many people already counting our record as 6-3 at the bye.
HUGE game for Green, Boykins, Cobb and Driver. They should be very pumped.
Same thing for the D side of the ball.

I understand the worry about a trap game, but I think these players will not be taking the game lightly! (We should be ok.)

GO PACK

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.