Skip to main content

Can't be sure, but I swear I saw significant running and passing lanes created by the OL. Not sure if that's because our 2nd D is that bad or the new-flipped OL might be on to something. Encouraging.

That kicking showcase made TT and MM's decision easier in front of a packed house to cut crosby.

Masthay can kick off through the end zone and crosby still stinks. Missing from 33 and 37??? Yikes.

Has anyone ever seen a kicker crack up like Crosby did last night?  Seriously. I've seen kickers have bad days because of emotional distractions (think Philadelphia vs Packers in 2010 playoffs).  But here the guy hits a goalpost and it's all over.  What a head case.  He can go back and look all he wants at film to correct technique. It's only going to make it worse.

Had to DVR Family Night and caught it late last night.  A few thoughts:

- Lacy looked really good.  Runs the ball with a purpose.

- Only one play, but Finley dropping an easy pass bothered me.

- Ross looked good on returns...hope he takes that job from Cobb.

- I like Pease.  I don't know if there's room for him though.  I'd keep him over Starks.

- Crosby is a has-been.  Masthay on KO's might be a sign he's on his way out. 

- Hawk looks smaller to me.

- Datone Jones has the look of a rookie with huge potential.

- I was happy to see the likes of Rodgers, Clay, Cobb, etc. getting an early exit. 

Originally Posted by Boris:

how many is "many"? name more than 16. Everyone has the same issue. There's no "Earl Morrall" backing up Bob Griese anymore

...well these guys had us ranked as the  6th worse in terms of backup situation going into camp.  http://bleacherreport.com/arti...-qb-situation/page/2 That isn't even taking into account the difference between AR & our backups, which was my point. Nothing I saw last night would make me change my mind. 

Crosby....  SOB...   big strong leg, great on offside kicks, likes to tackle...

but he can't be trusted with kicking FGs anymore.  keeriste.

I'd try one more thing with him.  This first preseason game coming up on Friday - bench him.  Let the other dude have the entire game and see what he does.  Give Crosby a big taste of what it's like to NOT kick in the NFL anymore.

Originally Posted by Boris:

Of course none of this matters anyway. Rodgers needs to stay healthy. PERIOD

Ain't that the truth.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of backup QBs I'd rather have over Graham Harrell, but given the choices at this juncture, I'd still have to go with #6. Another year on the PS for Coleman is just what the doctor ordered.

Everything I have seen and read it sounds like Lacy was impressive.  Same thing with the line play on both sides of the ball.  I am excited to see what the DL can do because Jones is a helluva talent and we are quick to forget how solid Jolly was when he played before.  Raji has to be motivaTED in a contract year and Daniels is playing like his hair is on fire.  Pickett is reliable as usual.  

I think the defense will be much better this year 

Originally Posted by Schaap:

Can't be sure, but I swear I saw significant running and passing lanes created by the OL. Not sure if that's because our 2nd D is that bad or the new-flipped OL might be on to something. Encouraging.

Hard for me to gauge the defense since they were somewhat restricted.

Originally Posted by Esox:
Originally Posted by Schaap:

Hard for me to gauge the defense since they were somewhat restricted.

...as is always the case at this time of the year, we are playing against each other so someone has to look good, but that doesn't necessarily mean anyone is good. 

Originally Posted by El-Ka-Bong:

I guess if not having a top notch back up QB is half of your glaring weaknesses, you are probably in pretty good shape. 

...I would say so, we look like a playoff team. Offensive & defensive line improvement will probably dictate just how much beyond that we go. IMHO that is the glaring difference between SF & us, we got manhandled up front on both sides of the ball. 

Originally Posted by michiganjoe:

Premature to write off Crosby at this point but as MM said that's not going to cut it. 

Completely disagree.  Failed all of last season and can't get his head on straight coming into TC?  He's a ****ing basket case.

Originally Posted by Henry:
Completely disagree.  Failed all of last season and can't get his head on straight coming into TC?  He's a ****ing basket case.

Fans are free to write him off and many have; my point is that MM and TT haven't.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.