Skip to main content

16-0 baby!

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Let's just win the NFC North then!  I want the Cardinals at home next year.  Hopefully have a big lead, then drive to the Red Zone late, and instead of just taking a knee, kick the Field Goal anyway just to rub it in.

Really Arians?  Challenging a safety call while up 38-6???   Those are decisions that everyone will remember and then come back to bite you in the A$$ when you least expect it.  

Karma meet Bitch.

I kinda liked the challenge, actually.  It wasn't about the score or rubbing it in the nose of the Packers.  It was about a coach acknowledging the player making the play.  Two-point safeties are hard to come by in the NFL.  The defense was still playing their asses off.  And Arians wanted that play for the player and the defense as a whole.

oh.  sorry.  I didn't know you wanted me to order it. 

Since all of the other 100 were mentioned already, I thought I would put it in there now.

Is it OK that I thought it was a "in-your-face" challenge?  It's just my opinion, but please let me know how I should feel about that.

thanks.

The Heckler posted:

I am not ready to look to next year yet.  But I do like it that Dallas and Seattle have to come to Lambeau again.

But the only way Seattle comes to GB next year is if we lose the division this year!  I would like to see the Packers win the NFC North this year.

JSO quick look at the 2016 slate:

Green Bay – After playing a backbreaking schedule this season, the Green Bay Packers will play a much softer one in 2016.

That is, at least they will on paper.

The Packers' 16 opponents for next season finished with a composite record of 117-139, a winning percentage of .457. Just five games will be played against clubs that made the 12-team playoff field.

This season, the Packers' 16 opponents compiled a record of 136-120 (.531). Their slate included seven games against playoff teams.

If the Packers had defeated the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday night, the NFL schedule formula would have matched them next year against Arizona (13-3), champion of the NFC West, and Carolina (15-1), champion of the NFC South.

By losing, the Packers (10-6) finished second in the NFC North and thus will be matched against Seattle (10-6), the second-place team in the NFC West, and Atlanta (8-8), the second-place team in the NFC South.

Besides home-and-home series with divisional foes Minnesota (11-5), Detroit (7-9) and Chicago (6-10), the Packers' schedule includes:

HOME GAMES: Dallas (4-12), New York Giants (6-10), Houston (9-7), Indianapolis (8-8) and Seattle (10-6).

ROAD GAMES: Philadelphia (7-9), Washington (9-7), Jacksonville (5-11), Tennessee (3-13) and Atlanta (8-8).

In 2015, the Packers were matched against the four teams from the AFC West, which finished tied for fourth among the eight divisions with a 34-30 record, and the four teams from the NFC West, which ranked third with a 35-29 mark.

In 2016, the Packers will be matched against the league's two worst divisions. The NFC East ranked seventh at 26-38 whereas the AFC South ranked eighth at 25-39.

A year ago at this time, the Packers had a good idea their schedule for 2015 would be difficult. Their 16 opponents went 135-120-1 (.529) in 2014, which turned out to be merely one-half game worse than those teams fared in 2015.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.