Skip to main content

The HC gets the blame. The QB gets all the credit for wins and the grief for losses. Welcome to professional football. They do all get paid.

And the defense did all they are capable of today given the offensive performance. I wouldn't say that they are blameless though. That first drive set the tone for the game. And once Randall went out it was like they only had 10 players.

Ty Montgomery was the one bright spot.

The Union forces under Sherman and Grant got their asses kicked on the first day of fighting at Shiloh

Late that night tough Sherman came to see him. Sherman had found himself, in the heat of the enemy's fire that day, but now he was licked; as far as he could see, the important next step was "to put the river between us and the enemy, and recuperate," and he hunted up Grant to see when and how the retreat could be arranged. He came on Grant, at last, at midnight or later, standing under the tree in the heavy rain, hat slouched down over his face, coat-collar up around his ears, a dimly-glowing lantern in his hand, cigar clenched between his teeth. Sherman looked at him; then, "moved," as he put it later, "by some wise and sudden instinct" not to talk about retreat, he said:

"Well, Grant, we've had the devil's own day, haven't we?"

Grant said "Yes," and his cigar glowed in the darkness as he gave a quick, hard puff at it.

"Yes. Lick 'em tomorrow, though."

Lotta season left. Enjoy the journey.

Last edited by ilcuqui
MichiganPacker2 posted:

I agree, but if Rodgers is the problem how would getting rid of a top 20 coach by winning percentage all time to bring in an unknown? 

I know, extremely difficult situation, gotta see how it plays out, but if AR does not get back on track this year TT has to believe that it will never regain form under MM. Look at Favre & what he did at Minny in a new system. 

FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

I agree, but if Rodgers is the problem how would getting rid of a top 20 coach by winning percentage all time to bring in an unknown? 

I know, extremely difficult situation, gotta see how it plays out, but if AR does not get back on track this year TT has to believe that it will never regain form under MM. Look at Favre & what he did at Minny in a new system. 

Bring in Chili and the kick ass offense....

CAPackFan95 posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

lol

I know people love to rip on MM, but he is #11 all time in winning percentage among coaches with more than 50 wins? The guy at #10 is Belichick. He's also been to NFC Championship games with 2 different QBs. Not many coaches can say that. 

Goalline posted:
justanotherpackerfan posted:

I have learned today that I am not as emotionally invested in this team as I have been in the past.  I'm just sitting here watching bad football and not upset or angry.  I'm just soulless.

TouchÃĐ! I'm listening to Wildflower, by the Avalanches.

So you're souless and tasteless?  

FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

Coaches are expendable.

QBs are not.   

Blair Kiel posted:
antiworst posted:

Everything is okay, right BK? Lmfao....

It's funny you would say that--I had an anal wart removed that looked like you so in a way, it's appropriate you were laughing your ass off.

The Packers may suck this year....

...you suck every year.

LOL...you had an anal wart? Who would've thought? You're a cartoon...own it.

Blair Kiel posted:
Goalline posted:

I have learned today that I am not as emotionally invested in this team as I have been in the past.  I'm just sitting here watching bad football and not upset or angry.  I'm just soulless.

So you're souless and tasteless?  

But not colorless.

FLPACKER posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

The system didn't mean s***.  That was all Bert wanting revenge over TT and MM for dissing him. 

Grave Digger posted:

Time to move on now. Some of you get too wound up over this ****. I get a little frustrated because I obviously want GB to win, but this is nothing to get pissed about. The NFL has been boring this year and this Packers team isn't dominating. Wake me up when we haven't made the playoffs, otherwise we have a lot of season to go.

This.

Well done.

Goalline posted:

I hit japf's wall after week 2.

GL, you've got brio.

Me, I'm posting on Facebook.

get off my ****ing lawn kid

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.