Skip to main content

I have mixed feelings on Russell Wilson. I rooted for him as a Badgers QB for 4 months, and off the field, he sounds like a guy that is trying to do things in life the right way. That said, I now view him as the enemy and he is a powerful strong enemy. You can never rest for 60 minutes against the guy. He has too many skills in his arsenal for you to ever think that you can relax when playing against him.

In that dreaded 2014 Championship game, he was awful for about 55 minutes of that game. But for the last 5 minutes, he more than made up for it by playing some perfect football at the perfect time. He's special in that regard in that he basically never concedes a football game. His arm is so strong and his deep balls are so accurate, you are never safe with a lead for very long against him.

I believe the Seahawks think so highly of Wilson, they can put any group of bums out there for an offensive line and he will figure out a way to play well no matter who is in front of him. So far that strategy seems to be working, partly because as usual they also have an awesome defense to complement Wilson on days where the offense is stagnant.

ChilliJon posted:

I believe the Seahawks think so highly of Wilson, they can put any group of bums out there for an offensive line and he will figure out a way to play well no matter who is in front of him. So far that strategy seems to be working, partly because as usual they also have an awesome defense to complement Wilson on days where the offense is stagnant.

Except for today. And 2 weeks ago in Tampa. 

ChilliJon posted:

I have mixed feelings on Russell Wilson. I rooted for him as a Badgers QB for 4 months, and off the field, he sounds like a guy that is trying to do things in life the right way. That said, I now view him as the enemy and he is a powerful strong enemy. You can never rest for 60 minutes against the guy. He has too many skills in his arsenal for you to ever think that you can relax when playing against him.

In that dreaded 2014 Championship game, he was awful for about 55 minutes of that game. But for the last 5 minutes, he more than made up for it by playing some perfect football at the perfect time. He's special in that regard in that he basically never concedes a football game. His arm is so strong and his deep balls are so accurate, you are never safe with a lead for very long against him.

Yes, my post looks pretty silly now doesn't it.  

Wilson looked like he had never played QB in his life.  I'm not sad about being dead rong.  

Last edited by fightphoe93

Chili you nailed my assessment of Wilson.  

I can do without some of his commentary but there is no question he is clutch.  Just when you think they are dead and buried he makes some magical throws and plays.  Think that heave against Michigan State in the BT championship game years ago.  Down and out and his play basically wins it. 

Not so much yesterday.  He was awful.  Part of that is due to the Seattle OL (mediocre) but he was off.  I also think Rollins and Randall made a difference. That's the type of play we've been expecting all year from those two and Gunt has been playing better. 

Don't like all the injuries but this team still has enough talent to win it all.  We saw yesterday what can happen when they finally put it all together. 

fightphoe93 posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Yes, my post looks pretty silly now doesn't it.  

Wilson looked like he had never played QB in his life.  I'm not sad about being dead rong.  

I also believe his deep balls are accurate, especially when he's teabagging Pete Carroll.

I have a hunch that we will look back on Dam Randall's INT before halftime as a major play this season. We're up 21-3, if he doesn't pick that off then it's an easy TD and we go to halftime up 21-10 and the Seahawks get the ball after halftime. That would have been a huge momentum swing and would have kept them in the game. Seattle is a team that thrives on momentum, Randall broke like a madman on the ball, huge play that sucked the life out of the Seahawks! 

Tschmack posted:

Chili you nailed my assessment of Wilson.  

I can do without some of his commentary but there is no question he is clutch.  Just when you think they are dead and buried he makes some magical throws and plays.  Think that heave against Michigan State in the BT championship game years ago.  Down and out and his play basically wins it. 

Not so much yesterday.  He was awful.  Part of that is due to the Seattle OL (mediocre) but he was off.  I also think Rollins and Randall made a difference. That's the type of play we've been expecting all year from those two and Gunt has been playing better. 

Don't like all the injuries but this team still has enough talent to win it all.  We saw yesterday what can happen when they finally put it all together. 

In fairness, I think Chili was actually mocking my previous post much earlier in the thread praising the greatness of Wilson.  It deserved to be somewhat mocked after yesterday. 

fightphoe93 posted

In fairness, I think Chili was actually mocking my previous post much earlier in the thread praising the greatness of Wilson.  It deserved to be somewhat mocked after yesterday. 

Maybe.  But Wilson does have the ability to do the things you said he could do.  We have unfortunately had front row seats to some of it.  He made some throws yesterday that were easily as good as any of AR's.  But then again we have also had front row seats to how bad he can be.

Last edited by DH13

If you are serious about player safety, how do you not eject Wright after this hit?  How do you not suspend Wright for this hit?  This hit was an intentional, malicious, and concerted effort to shoulder someone directly in the head.  There is no doubt.  There was no "oh the receiver ducked his head" nonsense.  This was intent to injure.  This was intent to concuss.  

Would be nice if Goodell spent as much time on this as he did worrying about the definition of celebration.  Or worrying about the paint scheme of players cleats.  

Honestly, it would be nice if KJ Wright received a harsher penalty for this hit than Emmanuel Sanders did for celebrating by spiking the ball by acting like a pitcher.

Last edited by Timpranillo

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.