Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer 

Jordy Nelson and David Bakhtiari narrowly missed out. They're first alternates. Other Packers alternates included: Mike Daniels, Davante Adams and Aaron Ripkowski.

Packy posted:

Good for them.  I'm guessing some salary bump for some if not all?

The Packers will pick up HHCD's fifth year option as a first rounder next year. That's a no brainer and he'll be on the cheap next season. If he plays anything near the way he did in 2016 next season, he'll be in for a huge pay day in 2018.

For Lang, it's his 1st PB and well deserved. That should help since he's a UFA but rumor is he will have yet another off season surgery. So health has to be a concern. As several have stated, TJ is a "old" 29.

Last edited by packerboi
packerboi posted:

Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer 

Jordy Nelson and David Bakhtiari narrowly missed out. They're first alternates. Other Packers alternates included: Mike Daniels, Davante Adams and Aaron Ripkowski.

Bak and Ripper, and probably Daniels should have been in.

Good props for Jordy too.

But as already stated, they will be busy anyway.

Congrats to the rest!

Congrats to Rodgers, Lang and Haha on their first pro bowls!

Bak should have made it over Jason Peters.  He got in on reputation.  Tyron Smith and Trent Williams were deserving though.  

Daniels deserves it but hard to argue against the 3 interior DL that made it: Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, and Gerald McCoy.  All 4 had great years, just sucks that Daniels was the one that was left out.  

Mike Tolbert making it is bullsh*t.  31 carries for 87 yards, and "blocked" for a starting RB that averaged 3.8 ypc.  I can't speak to the worthiness of other NFC fullbacks but Tolbert sucks as a RB and a FB.  They need to either get rid of the FB as a pro bowl position, or truly bring fullbacks and not just bigger RBs.  

I thought Lang might become an issue this year based on his Sitton ties. He didn't only play hard he played hurt. Pro's pro. 

IMO there is "their" All Pro team then there's the team All Pro team. The team All Pro team is the one that matters. 

My All Pro team. Rodgers. Lang. Bak. Ha Ha. Ty. Ryan. Daniels,  Jordy, Adams, Taylor, Tretter, Morgan. 

Still breathing because of those All Pro's. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
Henry posted:
Goalline posted:

Clinton-Dix made the Pro Bowl? Now, that's no laughing matter.

You need to be punched in the head for that.

Putting it mildly. In some countries that is grounds for the death penalty. I get it.

I think Jordy was hurt by the "awful offense" of the first 7 games this season.  Whether Jordy was truly struggling or if it was just a media creation, it clearly had an effect on the voting.  But who cares, he's not going to be playing in the pro bowl anyways.  Conflicts with a more important game he'll be playing in. 

Pro bowl isn't about the reality, it's about the perception.  The perception was that the Packer's offense was atrocious and that it was party due to the WRs, including Nelson.  The perception of AZ and CIN offense was that it was business as usual, thus Fitz and Green were playing as well as they have in the past when they were pro bowlers.  Obviously wrong but that's the pro bowl for you.  

CUPackFan posted:

I think Jordy was hurt by the "awful offense" of the first 7 games this season.  Whether Jordy was truly struggling or if it was just a media creation, it clearly had an effect on the voting.  But who cares, he's not going to be playing in the pro bowl anyways.  Conflicts with a more important game he'll be playing in. 

I think Jordy has either led or been tied for the NFL lead in TD receptions starting in week 2. I'm not sure at what point Jordy has struggled in 2016. His yards were low the first half of the season. BUt that was an offensive problem, not a Jordy problem. 

CUPackFan posted:

Pro bowl isn't about the reality, it's about the perception.  The perception was that the Packer's offense was atrocious and that it was party due to the WRs, including Nelson.  The perception of AZ and CIN offense was that it was business as usual, thus Fitz and Green were playing as well as they have in the past when they were pro bowlers.  Obviously wrong but that's the pro bowl for you.  

I do believe you simply pulled this out of your ass. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.