Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It is.  The comments afterwords are some hilarious stuff.  Most of them you could exchange MN for WI but these were gems.

Your new coordinators are failed head coaches Joe Philbin and Mike Pettine. It’s like one giant pyramid of pasty incompetence.

Is that you, Hank?

This one made me laugh out loud at work.

Nathan:

I’d rather open the Ark Of The Covenant than witness another pass from Brett Hundley.

Wow, the first time I heard such hate from a Vikings fan I was suprised. That was 20 years ago. Now it just seems silly. I think there is some pack envy going on there in MN. I have a few relatives in the state and went to UW. But I am not from there, so that stuff doesn’t bother me. However, I do love the Packers. 

Its worthy of an article in the Onion.

Last edited by PackerPatrick
DH13 posted:

It is.  The comments afterwords are some hilarious stuff.  Most of them you could exchange MN for WI but these were gems.

Your new coordinators are failed head coaches Joe Philbin and Mike Pettine. It’s like one giant pyramid of pasty incompetence.

Is that you, Hank?

This one made me laugh out loud at work.

Nathan:

I’d rather open the Ark Of The Covenant than witness another pass from Brett Hundley.

No.  I'm jealous.

I can't help myself.

Together with new general manager Brian Gutekunst, whose name sounds like the dirtiest possible German word, Beav now holds the entire Packers organization in his clammy hands. I hope you’re ready for him to call even MORE fullback dives the second Aaron Rodgers gets into a rhythm.

As much as I love the entire WYTS series, the angry responses from fans that only see the one for their team and think they are special are just as funny.

That said, this is the best part of that one.

Gone, at long last, is Team President and weird-butler-from-a-David-Lynch-movie Ted Thompson.

CAPackFan95 posted:

As much as I love the entire WYTS series, the angry responses from fans that only see the one for their team and think they are special are just as funny.

That said, this is the best part of that one.

Gone, at long last, is Team President and weird-butler-from-a-David-Lynch-movie Ted Thompson.

As we've said before, he looks for all the world like he has Parkinson's disease or some kind of dementia (although when you see this kind of frozen look the first thought is PD).

I love reading these

They signed Jimmy Graham, which would have been incredibly exciting if this had been the year 2014. They also signed Marcedes Lewis, which also would have been incredibly exciting if this had been the year 1906

Last edited by Boris
PackerPatrick posted:

Wow, the first time I heard such hate from a Vikings fan I was suprised. That was 20 years ago. Now it just seems silly. I think there is some pack envy going on there in MN. I have a few relatives in the state and went to UW. But I am not from there, so that stuff doesn’t bother me. However, I do love the Packers. 

I have an aunt and an uncle who live in the twin cities and both them and their kids all went to UW.  BUT, they also all became spermhead fans.  I hated the 70's and 80's as a kid because I got to hear at all the holidays how great the spermheads were.  But, every year I got back at them.  I managed to put together enough money to buy a Chiefs, a Raiders, a Steelers, and a Cowboys t-shirt.  I would wear one each day in remembrance of each spermhead Super Bowl loss.  My dad still thinks this is the funniest thing he has experienced as a Packers fan.

The Heckler posted:
PackerPatrick posted:

I have an aunt and an uncle who live in the twin cities and both them and their kids all went to UW.  BUT, they also all became spermhead fans.  I hated the 70's and 80's as a kid because I got to hear at all the holidays how great the spermheads were.  But, every year I got back at them.  I managed to put together enough money to buy a Chiefs, a Raiders, a Steelers, and a Cowboys t-shirt.  I would wear one each day in remembrance of each spermhead Super Bowl loss.  My dad still thinks this is the funniest thing he has experienced as a Packers fan.

I love this because I too had cousins/aunt & uncle who lived in the Twin Cities and were Vikes fans in the 70s and had to hear how great they were while the Pack was just not very good.

However, you need to change Cowboys above (though that Staubach Hail Mary pass to Drew Pearson in the old Met to lose the NFC Title Game was also glorious), because the Vikes SB loss to the Dolphins was the first SB I ever remember watching and what a glorious beat down that was!

Oh man I wish I had thought about the Dolphins loss back then.

I had the Cowboys one exactly because of the Drew Pearson hail mary pass.   Which remains one of my favorite spermheads losses.  I for the record only wore the Cowboys jersey once.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.