Skip to main content

Tom Oates: Wisconsin's abundant pool of high school basketball talent flows from a fountain of youth

Disturbing that there’s little mention of Wisconsin as active in the recruitment of these young players. DePaul, Arizona State, West Virginia, and of course Kentucky. 

5 slots come open after next year and there’s a LOT of in-state talent. Is Gard asleep at the wheel? Is he out matched? I see the Badgers are successful in Minnesota, but why not in their own state? Brian Butch and Sam Dekker are the top “gets” in the Ryan era- both 5 star guys. Koenig was a 4 Star Guy. Gard got Kobe King (4 Star Guy) but this article says there are elite long wings abound in-state. And Wisconsin can’t get any of them? 

Last edited by Music City
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I guess Wisconsin won't pay as much as Kentucky.   Seriously, you can't force a kid to go to a school if he doesn't want to.  Maybe they just want to get away from Wisconsin winters for a few years. 

Well, I sure hope the coaching staff holds themselves to a higher standard than you do. What a pile of crap. 

Jalen Johnson from Sun Prairie should be a top priority recruit- class of 2020. 6’7” with PG skills. 2019 recruit Nobal Days from Racine is a PF, another player that should be top priority. Keep the in-state kids in. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.