Skip to main content

Grave Digger posted:

3 drives, 3 TDs. Gawd those 2 turnovers are fucking glaring right now. Those were promising drives. So frustrating.

Giving up 300 rushing yards is kind of a factor. But whatever. 

NumberThree posted:

3 NFCC games in the last 6 years: 2 embarrassments and 1 meltdown. The NFCC is basically a meme for this team now.

Now you can go away happy.

Good thing we didn't onsides kick - SF might have gotten the ball in good field position allowing them an easy score. 

Not sayin that they would have recovered, but it's the decision making I am questioning. The only way to get back in this game was getting the ball back immediately.  SF had scored on 7 of 8 previous drives. There's nothing whatsoever that indicates the D was likely to force the mythical 3 and out there.  

SF has now scored on 8 of 9 drives. 

Dum decision to "hope" for a defensive stop to get the ball back.  

Last edited by Timpranillo

Packers defense points allowed in the 8 playoff losses in the Rodgers era

51, 37, 45, 44, and tonight (37)

The three other games were games in which Rodgers drove the Packers for a tying TD in the 4th quarter and never got the ball back. 

The QB gets too much credit when they win (the Packers defense had three game clinching interceptions during the Super Bowl year - Tramon Williams against the Eagles and Sam Shields against the Bears, plus Tramon's breakup against the Steelers) and too much blame when they lose. 

Favre often deserved the blame. Rodgers doesn't. 

Can we stop with the Blake Martinez makes lots of tackles bs?

He is not good.

TE is a terrible position for GB.

WR besides Adams is bad.

DL besides Clark is bad.

Team has only 2 cbs

Need interior OL and an OT.

Need another RB.

I hope they have 12 draft picks

Bold prediction: This is 12's last NFCC Game because I don't trust the front office to ever get the defensive personnel right in the next 4 years.

Realistic prediction: 12 will end his career 1-5 in the NFCC game, having never played one at home and losing three times to the team that didn't want him.

Last edited by NumberThree
NumberThree posted:

3 NFCC games in the last 6 years: 2 embarrassments and 1 meltdown. The NFCC is basically a meme for this team now.

I'll take an NFCCG every other year.  That's a hell of a lot more than any other team in our division has accomplished.

49ers are the real deal. It happens.  Given the expectations this year, I'm not sure I'm going to go home crying.

BrainDed posted:

Lancaster, Lowry, Martinez and Goodson are the villains you’re looking for.  

This. These are the non-horses. Name one OC losing sleep game planning against these scrubs. We need a stud D Tackle and 2 ILB's.

If you'd have told us this would be the two QBs stats before the game, a bunch of us would be trying to figure out how to pay for Super Bowl tickets. 

Green Bay Passing
 C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
Aaron Rodgers30/363108.6213-30109.5
TEAM30/362808.6213-30109.5

San Francisco Passing
 C/ATTYDSAVGTDINTSACKSRTG
Jimmy Garoppolo6/8779.6001-8104.7
TEAM6/8699.6001-8104.7
vitaflo posted:
NumberThree posted:

I'll take an NFCCG every other year.  That's a hell of a lot more than any other team in our division has accomplished.

49ers are the real deal. It happens.  Given the expectations this year, I'm not sure I'm going to go home crying.

Well said.

vitaflo posted:
NumberThree posted:

Sometimes they are just the better team. It happens. I like making it to the NFCCG and hope we do it often.

Last edited by PackerPatrick
vitaflo posted:
NumberThree posted:

Amen. Perspective is needed. There’s not going to be 9 months of pussyaching on this forum about this game. Shit happens. It’s disappointing, but oh well. Move on or move out.

Last edited by Grave Digger
AtTheMurph posted:

Can we stop with the Blake Martinez makes lots of tackles bs?

He is not good.

TE is a terrible position for GB.

WR besides Adams is bad.

DL besides Clark is bad.

Team has only 2 cbs

Need interior OL and an OT.

Need another RB.

I hope they have 12 draft picks

I made a comment a few years ago that I thought we were a dozen players away. Caught hell for it. It was true then and may be true now. At least by your list.

Link copied to your clipboard.