Skip to main content

I should have added that the "new" PI rules are as bogus as I expected them to be. 
Sullivan (39) had an excellent point on the play where he almost had the INT. The Raiders WR 'became the defender'and committed obvious PI, and that indeed would have been a penalty called against the defensive player.

Need to get that fixed.

Timmy! posted:

I should have added that the "new" PI rules are as bogus as I expected them to be. 
Sullivan (39) had an excellent point on the play where he almost had the INT. The Raiders WR 'became the defender'and committed obvious PI, and that indeed would have been a penalty called against the defensive player.

Need to get that fixed.

Yep.  39 got robbed.  He's quite active.

Hungry5 posted:

So WR depth?

Adams, Allison, MVS, Kumero, Davis, Shepard... Lazard?

I have to agree... I don't think we can hide Shepard on the PS.  Lazard did stop on Boyle and almost caused a pick, but he's flashed, maybe we can sneak him on the PS.

It's really been a good battle.  I don't see any way we can cut Davis.  Keeping 7 would be hard.

Brak posted:
Timmy! posted:

Need to get that fixed.

Yep.  39 got robbed.  He's quite active.

I do think that's now challengable, but maybe MLF decided not to bother.

BrainDed posted:

Recap:

Buh Bye Kizer

Jackson looks lost, disappointed. 

Davis made the team. 

Totally and completely disagree on Jackson. He is making the 53. Davis was given his last shot tonight and he responded. Props for that. Still think Sheppard is a better roster selection if it comes down to it. 

Kumerow is the 2nd best receiver on the roster. Period. 

Pakrz posted:
Goalline posted:
Pakrz posted:

First of all, it's stupid to be playing NFL games outside of legit NFL stadiums to begin with.  But not having the field ready to play, preseason or not?  Unacceptable.  

Apparently, you don’t like money? The NFL loves the stuff.

If the field is truly that bad, somebody in the NFL should be out of a job.  There's no way something like that should ever happen.

Serious question though.  This is a professional football field.  If it were REALLY that bad, wouldn't the Winnipeg Bluebombers have an IR list a mile long?

I think the issue is with the goalposts. The Canadian field has different dimensions and moving the CFL posts created a hazard in the end zones.

Hungry5 posted:

Heard during the broadcast. 

Kizer has had to learn 3 different offenses in 3 years.

So has Boyle.

Tim Boyle's numbers.

Tonight: 16-of-25 for 191 yards and two touchdowns/no interceptions.

Preseason: 31-of-57 for 338 yards and five touchdowns/no interceptions.

You should see his college bio.  It's like 7 systems / coaches between college and now.

He's been too inaccurate in the short range game, IMO.  But everything else seems pretty good.

I fully admit, I turned it off after the first half.  Once I saw St. Brown's injury, that was about enough for me.

Tonight was the Trevor Davis show.  He was fantastic, by far the best I ever remember him looking.  I had heard some beat writer mentioning that he was having a great camp before the injury in practice vs the Texans.  It's only a preseason game vs the lowly Raiders, but maybe, just maybe Davis can give Allison or Valdez-Scantling a battle for either the #2 or #3 wideout.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.