Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

EaganPackFan posted:

If true, Denver is probably a Gold game.  I can't imagine the NFL putting the Packers on the road the first two games of the year.  Never say never though

They will wait until later in the year and put them on the road for three straight.  

The one game I am waiting on a date is the Redskins game.  My wife is a Deadskins fan and I have never been to Lambeau.  Yep grew up 20 minutes away and I have never been there.

edgefour posted:
EaganPackFan posted:

If true, Denver is probably a Gold game.  I can't imagine the NFL putting the Packers on the road the first two games of the year.  Never say never though

I'm going to guess those are both Gold games.  Pretty close on the dates historically.  

1 game off.

Hotel prices really getting obscene in GB. 

One at $700/night.  Most in the $300 range. Hello Appleton! $75-$125.

I like it. A mini bye before the trip to Dallass.   Another home game after the 1st MNF.   And a full bye before the trip to San Fran and Giants.   Not crazy about the 2 road games to end the season, but it is what it is.   The Lions may be done by then and really have nothing to play for.   I could also see the Dec.  game with Chicago flexed to Sunday Night if it means the  winner is the NFC North winner. 

Last edited by ammo
FLPACKER posted:

I always assumed it was because of weather, but looking at other outdoor stadium teams in similar climates that theory does not hold up. 

It really could be, though. I’m sure that the Green Bay Marketing Dept. has studied the effects of cold weather on purchasing of concessions, gear, etc., and just I’m just guessing that folks buy more stuff when it’s warmer. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.