Skip to main content

MLF has had a terrible game. The decision to spike the ball and give up a down late in the 4th is also questionable. 3rd and 4th and short plays all second half. And then getting tricky on the WR screen to a guy with terrible hands.

@NumberThree posted:

So glad that waste of a roster spot is on our team. Cutting him now is the right move.

Shepherd was a waste of a roster spot LAST season.

Now?

He's just the latest symbol of organizational complacency.

Remember the most important thing is "We like our guys."

@Music City posted:

Fool’s gold...

Part of coaching is putting your guys in the best situation to succeed. MVS has terrible hands and ball security and it's 2nd and 2. Why would you run that play there? RTFB. Or run that play to Adams.

MLF had his worst game as a playcaller today.

1. First drive of second half. 3rd and 3 - run deep routes.

2. Second drive of second half. 3rd and 1 - go shotgun and get beat by a fire blitz.

3. 4th quarter. 4th and 1. Run a swing route that gets snuffed out.

4. Last drive of 4th quarter. Spike the ball at the 15 and give up a down.

5. OT. 2nd and 2. Run a WR screen to a guy that has trouble catching and handling the ball in traffic.

The spike is debatable, but the other 4 key play calls are inexcusable. MM would have done a better job in those situations.

This team is run by guys who are always planning for down the road, with zero urgency on winning right now. The draft was allmthe proof you needed.

ILB and IDL have been grossly ignored the last 4 drafts. It shows.

Winning the division is a mini victory every year we do it. I'll take the little things to keep happy. And a bunch of beers or old fashioneds. Is that the right plural for old fashioned?

Last edited by lovepack

It’s not a good football team. Paper tigers.

MVS is a joke.  Lazard.  Only in this world do we think he’s a stud. Um what?  The defense is unreliable. Oh yeah this is a contender.  Fuck that:  

Last edited by Tschmack
@BrainDed posted:

We’re not a very talented roster.   Counting on guys like Shepherd and MVS is not a recipe for success.  

MLF was terrible as a play caller in the second half, but some of this is on Gutey for getting nothing from this year's draft. They don't even try on special teams - the Colts were purposely kicking short because they don't respect the return guy. I guess they don't want to risk getting guys hurt, but with 1:30 left and down 3, why not put Aaron Jones back for a return. Make them kick it out of the end zone.

No More, I'm over this. No trade at deadline in 2019 or 2020.   Check.  Get beat in first round of playoffs?  Check.

Please trade Rodgers in the offseason he deserves better:  Gute and Murphy and Pettine should be fired tomorrow  

Last edited by Grave Digger

It'll be interesting to see exactly how shitty this team is in 2-3 years once AR is gone and we've endured a couple more of Gute's stellar drafts.

Thank goodness I barely GAF about the Not For Long league anymore so at least I won't be perpetually pissed off every season like I was during the 70's and 80's.

Aside from all that has been mentioned I still get back to this....in all games between 2005-2108, teams that were -3 in TO differential only won 8.6% of the time. You just can not give the other team 3 more possessions in today's game.

@SteveLuke posted:

Shepherd was a waste of a roster spot LAST season.

Now?

He's just the latest symbol of organizational complacency.

Remember the most important thing is "We like our guys."

That's TWO games in two years that he personally lost. TWO. WHY is he on the roster????

Yeah....while the MVS fumble in OT was the back breaker you still had a fumbled snap, INT plus fumbled kickoff return.

Wanna know what play pissed me off? Z getting to Rivers, stopped his arm & yes Rivers fumbled that ball then it pushed forward after it was fumbled from his grip.

I don't GAF what the NFL "ruled" that was a fumble & defensive TD for the Packers. We've seen other games in the league where that was called a fumble. Today it wasn't. NFL

@Tschmack posted:

I’m out.  Not like for just today but rest of the season.  This is absolutely disgusting and honestly I have better thing to do with my time than watching these goddamn pretenders.  Peace

And 30 minutes later...you were back.

C’mon man, take a stance!😀

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.