Skip to main content

@PackerHawk posted:

They will lose to KC. Gonna have to cheer for Philly and Minny.

The way this season has gone, we shouldn't be expecting any help. GB is schizophrenic, but they're hardly the only ones this year.

@artis posted:

The way this season has gone, we shouldn't be expecting any help. GB is schizophrenic, but they're hardly the only ones this year.

No, probably not. But they aren't catching NO without help so I'll be looking for it.

Home field advantage throughout the playoffs would be nice.   But, with our passing attack I’m not sure a cold blustery day at Lambeau without fans is a huge advantage for us this year compared to maybe playing in a dome?  But, the players would be used to the winter weather more than the Saints for example so there’s still an advantage with home field.  

@Boris posted:

So....Zero chance for the Packers & Saints to end up 13-3?? Ok...got it!

Huh, not sure how you got that from what I said. I've already got KC beating them but, you know, any given Sunday. KC wins and GB wins out and we get the bye.

Haven’t seen this posted by anybody. From comments Z made after the game on Sunday.

@TomSilverstein: #Packers OLB Za'Darius Smith said he, Preston Smith and Kenny Clark went to DC Mike Pettine this week and asked to simplify things and let them get after the QB like they were used to doing. He said Pettine turned them loose especially late in the game as opposed to last week.

that's not a ringing endorsement of pettine's eyesight...   we could all see it, the players could see it....   someone's picking up the lid to the casket - will pettine hand them some nails in the weeks to come, or kick it out of their hands?

@Tdog posted:

that's not a ringing endorsement of pettine's eyesight...   we could all see it, the players could see it....   someone's picking up the lid to the casket - will pettine hand them some nails in the weeks to come, or kick it out of their hands?

Players go to coaches with suggestions all the time, I would not make anything of this or any kind of indictment on Pettine, who IMHO is getting way too much criticism ..... we are presently #11 in team defense.

@Timmy! posted:

HFA counts a lot more that potential weather conditions, IMO.
It's more about not having to travel and maintaining their schedule.

You would think that is the case but without fans there has been no home field advantage this year, home teams have won only 2 more games than visitors.

@FLPACKER posted:

You would think that is the case but without fans there has been no home field advantage this year, home teams have won only 2 more games than visitors.

Very interesting.  

Last edited by Pikes Peak
@FLPACKER posted:

MLB maintained HFA but that is the one sport where the rules change in favor of the home team. Batting last gives you some advantage.
https://www.theringer.com/2020...-advantage-wild-card

The packers might be better off on the road this year in a dome. None of the offensive stars other than maybe E. Jenkins is a power running game type player which is what cold weather games often come down to. Adams, Jones, and Rodgers all benefit from a fast track. The defense is not good at stopping power running games. The noise factor being gone negates a lot of the NFL HFA.

@ammo posted:

If Derrick henry hits Anthony Rush head on Henry is going down.

I’m sure you’re not completely serious. But when did Anthony Rush become this hot, NFL commodity? What has this guy done in his short career that makes some people think he’ll solve the run defense problems. Or he’ll command double teams instead of Kenny.

Would not be surprised if we hardly notice this guy (playing, not size).

MLB maintained HFA but that is the one sport where the rules change in favor of the home team. Batting last gives you some advantage.
https://www.theringer.com/2020...-advantage-wild-card

The packers might be better off on the road this year in a dome. None of the offensive stars other than maybe E. Jenkins is a power running game type player which is what cold weather games often come down to. Adams, Jones, and Rodgers all benefit from a fast track. The defense is not good at stopping power running games. The noise factor being gone negates a lot of the NFL HFA.

Saints, Seahawks, and Rams?  Yes, their fields would be nice for GB offense to play on. But those teams would shit a brick coming to Lambeau to play in January.

@Thunderbird posted:

#11 is very surprising, wow!  The rest of the league must be in shambles.....lol

This is the reason I don't like football stats particularly in measuring team performance.  They usually mean nothing.

@Pikes Peak posted:

Very interesting.  

This is the thing that'll be interesting is if there will be any kind of crowd for the Super Bowl

The mantra defense wins championships is going to be seriously tested as offenses have a substantial advantage with no crowd noise.

Might even be enough for team with half a defense and a overpowered offense to win it all.  It's an asterisks year.

Last edited by Henry

Found on the internet: – Hunter Bradley’s snaps are getting increasingly more erratic. His snap on the missed extra point was at least partially to blame.

Not sure Christian Kirksey is the linebacker you want spying athletic quarterbacks. He lumbered around chasing Jalen Hurts.

Last edited by YATittle

Again, playing in Lambeau in January is no easy task.   The weather is one thing, but sketchy field conditions are something completely different.   Opposing teams can have a tough time with figuring out the slick spots and what kind of cleats to wear.  

The teams in the NFC I’d be worried about coming to GB are SF and MN - those that play good D up front and feature a power running game.   The Niners are probably dead in the water and the Vikings may not make it anyway.   You get the Rams or Hawks good luck to them.  Brady and Brees maybe but arm strength may be a concern if windy conditions exist.  Cardinals?  No way.

Last edited by Tschmack

The enthusiasm the players are showing from play to play is palpable. Perhaps because the offensive scheme and talent is such that any given play can be a big one.

I thought the defense did a better job of massing to the ball against the Eagles.

Thought I saw a bit more of the Lambeau slide during the game. Footing seems to be one of the big variables on the home field. And it isn't always the opponents who suffer.

How about Jamal Williams? He reminds me of Donald Driver. Pops up after every play with a smile on his face. Sometimes it's a probably a grimace but for me, it's more enjoyable to watch players enjoying the game.

Last edited by grignon

Does the GB offense really benefit from Lambeau in January if the weather and the track are huge variables? Is it more important for the offense to be firing on all cylinders or for the defense to have a few moments of competence during a game? The defense has proven it can be exposed in any conditions. The offense appears to be much better when conditions are optimal. At this point, I think HFA could be a wash for this team. May help the defense a bit, but hamper the offense.

While details over what exactly went down at the team hotel the night before the showdown with Green Bay haven’t been revealed, you’ve got to imagine Brown crossed several lines. It’s one thing to be removed from the hotel by the head of team security, but for Pederson and Roseman to both waste no time in cutting Brown lets you know how serious his mistake was.

**Eagles’ HC Doug Pederson is naming Jalen Hurts his new starting quarterback and the rookie will start Sunday vs. the New Orleans Saints, Carson Wentz now will backup Hurts.     

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.