Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A lot of chatter going on wondering, in the context of no fans in stadiums, whether GB is actually better off not having HFA. The basis for this is that they have shown on multiple occasions now (Vikings, Jags) that they have been flat at home and supposedly struggled to find their own energy at Lambeau vs the road. Couple that with MLF's team performances coming off bye weeks (which the #1 seed would have) and that adds to the chatter.   

In a non-pandemic year, this is a stupid argument. Playing at home in front of 80K fans in potential cold/snow and facing say the Bucs would be a no brainer.

But this is a fu**** up year with teams on the road this season playing very well, often better then at home. I probably still lean it's better at lambeau in shit weather that it benefits the Packers. But I do get the other side of the argument..   

@BrainDed posted:

Shit weather and sloppy turf could slow down those Tampa LB's or make Kyler Murray containable.   

We're not a speed team, so yeah, give me the slop in the playoffs.

But we are more of a finesse team than a physical one. Aaron Jones is much better in a dome or on a good field. Lazard is maybe the only WR that is as good or better on a sloppy field than on a fast track. The sloppy field games are supposedly why we drafted Dillon. Maybe he shows something by then?

The Packers' defense is constructed to stop the pass, not power running games.

Sure, give me Arizona in Lambeau, but Tampa dominated us with a power running game that is not going to be negated by sloppy weather.

@The Heckler posted:

I am WAY to early on this thought but IF the Packers would get to the NFCC game it would be nice if Rodgers got to play in one at home even without fans.

So far the Packers stink at home......loss to Tampa AND the queens.   

@The Heckler posted:

I am WAY to early on this thought but IF the Packers would get to the NFCC game it would be nice if Rodgers got to play in one at home even without fans.

So we can give him a virtual standing ovation when he comes out at the end of the game before they trade him to start Jordan Love next year?

@lovepack posted:

What would 12-4 get us? That's where I see us finishing.

I think that gets us the 2 seed, assuming the next two losses are Colts and Titans.

I think we need to go 13-3 for the 1 seed because the Bucs have the head to head against us.   It's possible that 4 losses can get it down but then you have to worry about the entire NFC West.   If one or two of them gets hot, they could finish with 4 losses.

Right now the Bucs have 3 losses..   They have remaining

Rams
Chiefs
Vikings
Falcons
Lions
Falcons

If we lose 1 more and they lose 1 more, that's #1 seed for us (assuming the West teams beat each other up a little bit)

The Packers haven’t exactly played well at times on the road in the playoffs.  See recent history.   You are always going to prefer to play at home.  The players know this.  Travelling in winter can be a pain in the ass and there’s just more distractions to deal with.

It’s a fair point to say it’s a strange year with no fans but I’m sure all of you saw what I saw on Sunday v Jacksonville.  Plenty of slips by the Jags including one that lead to an INT by the defense when Eifert lost his footing.    If you are the opponent you can’t practice or simulate those conditions.  

We are all concerned about the run defense but I don’t see how they are worse off at home v the road.  Jones didn’t have problems with footing on Sunday.  

I also wouldn’t assume it’s Tampa that will be their opponent.   The Rams and Cards are dangerous.   No one team is head and shoulders better the NFC like the Chiefs are in the AFC.  

Last edited by Tschmack

We could see min again, which I don't think I like.  Bucs would be a problem.  Not sure about this year's Rams or Cards. 

But this team needs to start rounding into form rather than out of form.  They put up big points vs losing teams in Sept/Oct but have really bogged down the last several weeks.  I don't know that Lazard will change all that but the current offense doesn't look a whole lot like it did earlier this year.  If the D can't improve, their only shot is to fire it back up on O.

Gil Brandt
80 years ago today, the Packers became the first NFL team to fly to a road game. To play the Giants, the NFL forced the Packers to split the squad and fly on two DC-3s because it feared the entire team would be lost if the plane crashed. Players bought extra life insurance.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.