Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

He went undrafted- I wonder why. Even as a draft and stash. Bucks picked a Greek player with the last pick that they got from Indiana.

I am very intrigued by the Georgian kid Mamukelashvili. A season working out with Giannis and Connaughton and he might have something to offer. Big, long kid with a decent lefty stroke and some pretty nice ball handling ability. Heโ€™s no plodder- he has some real upside to me. Needs to hit the weights, and heโ€™s on the right team to do that.

No one knows who this Greek kid is that they drafted with the last pick. No stats, but Iโ€™m guessing he speaks Greek so thereโ€™s somethingโ€ฆ

Last edited by Music City

I would think Nwora is the guy with the best chance to get meaningful minutes off the bench as one of the younger guys.  He can give you instant offense although heโ€™s pretty finesse and needs to get stronger and more aggressive.

Mamukelashvili is also another guy to watch.  Not really a center and not really a forward but he has an interesting skill set and plays hard.

Last edited by Tschmack
@Tschmack posted:

I would think Nwora is the guy with the best chance to get meaningful minutes off the bench as one of the younger guys.  He can give you instant offense although heโ€™s pretty finesse and needs to get stronger and more aggressive.

Mamukelashvili is also another guy to watch.  Not really a center and not really a forward but he has an interesting skill set and plays hard.

The biggest question for either one of them is can they play any defense at all?

@Music City posted:

Nwora is certainly auditioning as Forbesโ€™ replacement- dude is shooting the ball 20-25 times a game so far, not particularly effectively. Heโ€™s somewhere about 21-54 from the field, and yesterday was 1-11 from 3. Not a good signโ€ฆ

It's a good problem to have, but the Bucks depth is much better after this offseason. Even if he's good, Nwora is really going to struggle to get minutes especially after DDV is healthy.

Grayson Allen will play bigger minutes until DDV is back.

Instead of Forbes and Teague, the Bucks have George Hill and Rodney Hood (and obviously Allen). That's a gigantic upgrade even before DDV is back.

They obviously have to replace Tucker's defense, but he was by all statistical measures the worst offensive player in the playoffs on any team. Ojeleye can replace a lot of his minutes and Thanasis can play defense. Diakite needs more work in the weight room, but he's a plus defender too.

I just don't see where Nwora is going to get minutes.

Thereโ€™s something about Diakite that makes me question his floor intelligence. The fouls, the goaltendingโ€ฆ at first I was thinking it was just done jitters in his early pro career. But in summer league, he gets ejected, and doesnโ€™t seem to be getting better. Thereโ€™s an edge to him, but I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s helping or hurting him.

Maybe heโ€™s going to figure things out. He definitely could be a guy like Clint Capella or a Sam Dalembert- boards, runs to the rim, an occasional elbow jumper, and blocks.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.