Skip to main content

Myers is a favorite victim of Herman's play-by-play rating. Often says he is our most inconsistent o-lineman with great plays only to be followed by awful ones. I watch every presser and I think that Myers may be the only starter I can't remember Rodgers ever praising. In retrospect Humphries would have been the better option when drafted.

@SteveLuke posted:

According to former Packer Mark Tauscher on his radio show today, he believes that the Pack will have an open competition at C in 2023 due to disappointment with Meyers’ play.

Shouldn't every position have an open competition every year? I mean, I get that sometimes a superstar is pretty entrenched, but if too many players are secure in their positions then something needs to be done about that.

I think the connotation is that they should seriously consider looking at other options such as moving Jenkins to center or drafting a center. It is more about the organization's mindset rather than the players. Do they actively look for "better" as opposed to looking for a "back up".

The Packers will have 5 top 100 picks in the 2024 draft. Center needs to be one of them.

@PackerHawk posted:

Not gonna lie, when he was injured during the Vikings game my first thought wasn't OH SHIT.

On the Myers front, sure.
But the OC cabinet is kinda barren right now, moving Rhyan or Runyan to the pivot isn't an upgrade.

And moving Jenkins or Tom is less than ideal. Remember all the center-qb exchange fumbles we had in TC and early season ?

Rhyan's struggles have been on the mental side ( allegedly) so asking him to be the QB of the OL might be a stretch. That spot will get some needed attention in draft, but for the next couple weeks I think we're hoping for Josh Myers.

@Satori posted:

On the Myers front, sure.
But the OC cabinet is kinda barren right now, moving Rhyan or Runyan to the pivot isn't an upgrade.

And moving Jenkins or Tom is less than ideal. Remember all the center-qb exchange fumbles we had in TC and early season ?

Rhyan's struggles have been on the mental side ( allegedly) so asking him to be the QB of the OL might be a stretch. That spot will get some needed attention in draft, but for the next couple weeks I think we're hoping for Josh Myers.

Now I don't want the guy injured. It's just normally when I see a guy in that situation I'm very far from happy about it. This time I was closer to the middle of the concerned/not concerned dial.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.