Skip to main content

Marty LeFluer shitting the bed again with subpar play calling especially with a young QB. I like him, but I don’t think his play calling and game management is that great, Rodgers masked a lot of his shortcomings. Hope I’m wrong.

I am reminding myself that I am supposed to just enjoy the new atmosphere, the youthful players' enthusiasm, yada, yada. 

I do see a really, really good OL and DL. They are keeping us in the game.

@MaximusHess posted:

Marty LeFluer shitting the bed again with subpar play calling especially with a young QB. I like him, but I don’t think his play calling and game management is that great, Rodgers masked a lot of his shortcomings. Hope I’m wrong.

I wouldn't give Rodgers too much credit. He'd change plays at the line and still missed our WRs.

@Fandame posted:

I am reminding myself that I am supposed to just enjoy the new atmosphere, the youthful players' enthusiasm, yada, yada. 

I do see a really, really good OL and DL. They are keeping us in the game.

DL looks improved, we actually have guys, other than Clark that can get in the backfield to disrupt.

Actually don't think Love is playing half bad.  His main mistakes seem to be throwing slightly behind his receivers.  I have to imagine with all the rookies on the field they're getting beat or running slightly wrong routes, causing Love to double clutch a lot.

I still have no idea why Jones isn't in the game more.  He's your best player on offense.  Hell, put him out there with Dillon even if you want to give it to Dillon just so they have to respect Jones.  Get the feeling like this game is yet another preseason game where they're trying to get the rookies more play time or something.

@titmfatied posted:

We're essentially a JV team right now. If Love ever finds his deep ball the offense is going to take off. Man are they off on those though.

Olsen was saying that it was Musgrave's fault on his misconnection. Blown coverage, Musgrave should have continued straight up the field rather than flattening out to the sideline.

@DH13 posted:

It looks like the skilled position guys just don't have the offense down yet.  Gonna be a while before that happens.  Hopefully by December or sometime this year.

Mistakes are going to happen. But put your guy in position to build some confidence. Get him in some kind of rhythm. That should be goal #1 today. If anything, Love bailed out MLF on that drive.

I'll say that half looked like a 4th preseason game.
Offense not in sync yet, including play calls and personnel.

Run defense looks a lot better so far.

For the 2nd half:
PUT FIELDS ON HIS ASS!!!
Jack up that punk DJ Moore!

@vitaflo posted:

Actually don't think Love is playing half bad.  His main mistakes seem to be throwing slightly behind his receivers.  I have to imagine with all the rookies on the field they're getting beat or running slightly wrong routes, causing Love to double clutch a lot.

I still have no idea why Jones isn't in the game more.  He's your best player on offense.  Hell, put him out there with Dillon even if you want to give it to Dillon just so they have to respect Jones.  Get the feeling like this game is yet another preseason game where they're trying to get the rookies more play time or something.

That's my main criticism of MLF.  He's not calling a game that's helping his QB.  Why he's not getting their best playmaker, Jones, involved is a real mystery.  It's fucking stupid.  Campbell had one really great year.  Last year he just meh.  Today he's pretty much invisible.  Same with Quay Walker.  I thought maybe a year learning how to play the position would make him faster in his decision making, but he's still always behind the play.  And our safeties just flat out suck.  Let's hope they can all pull their heads out of their asses for the second half.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.