Skip to main content

How many of the top 6 QBs will bust?

3 of them? More?? Less?

The 2020 draft is the exception....not the rule.

Burrow / Herbert / Tua / Love ,/ Hurts (round 2)

That's incredible

@Boris posted:

How many of the top 6 QBs will bust?

3 of them? More?? Less?

The 2020 draft is the exception....not the rule.

Burrow / Herbert / Tua / Love ,/ Hurts (round 2)

That's incredible

How dare you leave out Jake Fromm?

Williams has the best chance to be great but unsure Chicago will let that happen b/c that city treats its QBs like crap. Huge potential to become a headcase when the fans turn on him. 40% chance of a franchise QB, 50% chance of a solid QB, 10% chance of a bust.

Maye and Daniels have very high bust rates. Maye b/c he's so young and raw and goes to an offense with zero talent. And Daniels b/c of injury - he likes to run and is not big. And Daniels wasn't great until he got to LSU with all that talent. While the same thing was said about Burrow, the situation was different. Burrow was behind really good college QBs at OSU so didn't get a chance. Daniels played at ASU and LSU, he just wasn't that good until last season. 30% chance of franchise QB, 20% chance of a solid QB, 50% chance of a bust.

Nix and McCarthy likely won't be outright busts. They're smart enough to make it work on their respective teams but just don't see the upside with either. Both seem like Kirk Cousins, David Carr, Brock Purdy types - will take what's there but if it's not there, they can't create. It can work but you need everything else to be in place. Worst case b/c teams pay them $40m a year after their rookie deals when they're never going to be a difference maker. 20% chance of franchise QB, 70% chance of a solid QB, 10% chance of a bust.

I like Penix as a passer but he hates getting hit and he can't avoid that in the NFL. He didn't get hit much in 2023 until the national championship. He looked great when he was upright and looked pretty bad when he wasn't. He's going to get hit in the NFL and he just gets worse after he's roughed up. No idea his future b/c riding the bench for a minimum 2 years makes it hard to project. But I'd say he's going to have a career like Jimmy G - wasn't a bad QB in his prime but also not a great one but could also never stay healthy.

I think the chances of Williams being a bust are higher than 10%, regardless of his skill level.  The brain drives the car and I see a high potential for a mental wreck.

Last edited by Dr._Bob

When I say bust, I mean he ends up a backup QB with no starter potential by the end of his 4 year rookie deal, ie: Zach Wilson, Sam Darnold, etc. I don't think that happens with Williams. But we may disagree. Mental strength issues are very hard to project.

Here's how the new rules work with all of the changes to the 3rd QB, emergency scenarios. In order for Platt/Clifford to be designated emergency QB3 on game day, they have to be on the 53.

https://www.sportingnews.com/u...fed119ebcb57849c9aa1

@Satori posted:

Pratt's big comeback win vs Caleb Williams and USC

What I love is that the Packers now have two draftees, in this class, who have given Caleb Williams fits. Pratt, in this video and Oladapo, in another video, sacking Williams, when USC played Oregon State. GO PACK, GO!!!

We also have UDFA Deuce Watts, Pratt's big time receiver, in this video, on the Practice Squad from last year.

Last edited by mrtundra

Pratt reminds me a lot of Jake Haener who I had hoped would end up a Packer...although Pratt is a bit bigger. Same kind of playmaker...just keeps the plays alive, and makes clutch throws. His game vs SC reminded me a lot of Haener's game at UCLA. Getting him in the 7th was an absolute steal. Haener went in the 4th, although in a draft not nearly as stock with QB tallant as 2024.

@Dr._Bob posted:

I think the chances of Williams being a bust are higher than 10%, regardless of his skill level.  The brain drives the car and I see a high potential for a mental wreck.

I actually am not really sold on any of the first round QBs from this draft.  I honestly think that this class is going to be boom or bust for the majority of them.

I agree on Williams and I am not buying him being the next greatest thing the media is making him out to be.  Some are already picking the Bears to win the division.  As Corso says "not so fast my friend"   Something about him just seems like the type of QB when he is in front and everything is going well he is just fine.  But, knock him around and get ahead of him I am not as impressed.  And he wasn't exactly challenged by PAC 10 defenses.

@mrtundra posted:

What I love is that the Packers now have two draftees, in this class, who have given Caleb Williams fits. Pratt, in this video and Oladapo, in another video, sacking Williams, when USC played Oregon State. GO PACK, GO!!!

We also have UDFA Deuce Watts, Pratt's big time receiver, in this video, on the Practice Squad from last year.

Here is another one for your collection:

https://x.com/LilySZhao/status/1784306959514042783

Evan Williams

Last edited by Goalline
@The Heckler posted:

I actually am not really sold on any of the first round QBs from this draft.  I honestly think that this class is going to be boom or bust for the majority of them.

I agree on Williams and I am not buying him being the next greatest thing the media is making him out to be.  Some are already picking the Bears to win the division.  As Corso says "not so fast my friend"   Something about him just seems like the type of QB when he is in front and everything is going well he is just fine.  But, knock him around and get ahead of him I am not as impressed.  And he wasn't exactly challenged by PAC 10 defenses.

Looked awful vs Notre Dame.

@Timmy! posted:

Can anyone tell me what "dabs him up" means?

Andy is showing his whiteness by using the wrong word. He meant daps.

If he was dabbing up Toure he would have finished practice high AF.

Here's dabbing:

Now if he were dapping someone up they are not going to get high but it could lead to getting high in the real near future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...0or%20fist%20bumping.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.