Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

To see just how big the piece is?  I dunno.  I'm going to guess the overall tone will be one of redemption, correction and the nfl trying to polish another turd for financial gain and shining of the shield.

There's a documentary called The Champions, which is about the dogs rescued from Vick's operation. Watching it is probably a better us of time. 

We don't need to re-litigate what Vick did, it's history at this point, but that doesn't mean he should be forgiven. That's exactly right DH, it's character rehabilitation to so he can get a job as a commentator. Lots of athletes and celebrities have complex legacies with ups and downs, this is not a complex or nuanced issue to me. 

My interest in the NFL is and always has been about the Packers winning. Never, even as a child, have I cared much about the announcers or the personalities of the players.

Hungry5 posted:

My interest in the NFL is and always has been about the Packers winning. Never, even as a child, have I cared much about the announcers or the personalities of the players.

Totally agree.  Unfortunately when certain personalities are constantly pushed in your face it's hard to ignore.  Or just turn the channel, which I've had to do for a long time now.  

Henry posted:

Fucking meatball.  I look forward to them being the dregs of a dregs league.

Or they could be the top team in the league and the outcome is pretty much the same. 

I heard a guy promoting the league the other day and he actually called it a better version of football than the NFL. When pressed on what made it better he stammered a bit then came up with more action, less commercials and a shorter halftime. 

I'm sold! 

Watched bit of the games yesterday, and pretty entertaining. Not nearly the gimmick the original attempt was. Really like the kickoff thing and the 1/2/3 pt conversions.  And it definitely is a quicker game than the NFL.  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.