Skip to main content

Do you realize since the Patriot loss in December 2010, we have a record of 32-6 including a Super Bowl title?

32-6. Just sick man! Any NFL fan would kill for their team to be that good.

We're truly blessed & spoiled. I'm very proud of this team & looking forward to the rest of the season.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Boris:
Do you realize since the Patriot loss in December 2010, we have a record of 32-6 including a Super Bowl title?

We're truly blessed & spoiled. I'm very proud of this team & looking forward to the rest of the season.

Stunning. Simply stunning.

I grew up suffering through the Rich Campbells, David Whitehurts, Randy Wrights... it is stunning to even think a team could put that kind of success down in this parity driven NFLfu.

Great stat Boris. Thanks!

And also thanks
Yes, we are football blessed! It was also interesting to note last night that since the Lions have last won in Lambeau, they have had 12 different starting QBs and we have had three, and one of those was Flynn.

Give it one more good year and the McCarthy-Thompson era will go down as one of the greats in Packer history.
Just watch other teams play with their ordinary QBs and you'll get a reality check.

Sure AR holds it too long occasionally and this year has missed a receiver or two, but I don't see anyone in the NFC I'd rather have running my offense.
quote:

Isn't it 30-6?

6-0 (including playoffs to end 2010 season)
15-2 2011
9-4 so far in 2012

Still pretty darn good.
Just as special as that overall record is this record:

Since being hired, Mike McCarthy is 32-9 against NFC North team and has never had a losing record vs. the NFC North in a season. Even during the worst year under his tenure, 2008, they were still 4-2 against the NFCN. Even during the Bears SB run (2006) and the Vikings recent good year (2009), they still beat up the NFCN.
quote:

YES, but our preseason record during that timeframe was 3-4!!! Fire McCarthy! Wink
Contrast the success of MM and TT with:

quote:

Here is a scary snapshot of 3 3/4 seasons under general manager Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz. Beginning with the start of the 2009 season, the Lions lost 20 of 28 games. Then they won nine consecutive games to bridge the end of the 2010 and the beginning of 2011. Since then, they have a 9-15 regular-season record. That's a lot of losing mixed around one intense winning streak. It's easier to argue that 9-0 as an aberration, at least from a statistical perspective, than it is to view their current slump as a temporary blip. To borrow a political phrase, the Lions are better off than they were four years ago. But they clearly weren't good enough to parlay what seemed a breakthrough moment last season into lasting success.
quote:
Originally posted by Blair Kiel:
Go back and read last night's game thread (first half) for the bedwetters that still don't get it.

Do you have some sort of problem with people who wet the bed? It's not as though we do it because we want to, you know.
quote:
Originally posted by Cavetoad:
I grew up suffering through the Rich Campbells, David Whitehurts, Randy Wrights... it is stunning to even think a team could put that kind of success down in this parity driven NFLfu.

I grew up in that dark age as well and if someone had told me that one day the Packers would be this consistently good I would have told them to stop drinking the bong water. I honestly felt at one point in my life they would never be good much less winning a Super Bowl. I still remember when they went to the Super Bowl in the mid 90's I thought to myself that it couldn't be real.
I think we can all thank the salary cap and revenue sharing for that. I grew up during the dark decades too and it just seemed like the Packers played in a different world. The SB was for teams like SF, NYG and DAL and GB was simply not a part of that equation. And at that age it seemed like they never would be. That was a time when teams could stock their rosters and then keep everybody they wanted to keep.

Now we're in a different era and have had the great fortune of people like Wolf and Thompson.
Last edited by DH13

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.