Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Koopla Krash:

With the plague hitting the LB group in week 5 and the seemingly really deep DL, would it be a consideration to flip to a version of the 4-3 defense for the next month or so or at least until Brad Jones returns?

May not be a 4-3 but Capers always seems to try to tailor his defense to his personnel.  Whether it always works or not is up for debate, but he's never shy about trying to create opportunities for guys to make plays using their individual abilities.  They're certainly used to getting through a few games a season without Clay so I'd imagine part of the plan has already been in the back of their minds. 

Burnett being back probably opens up a whole lot more of the playbook than they felt comfortable using with him out.  I'm also excited to see Lattimore get his chance to show.  I remember reading from camp how much he liked to hit and how intense he was on the field.   He has all the opportunity he could ever wish for right now.    

Originally Posted by titmfatied:

I'm also excited to see Lattimore get his chance to show.  I remember reading from camp how much he liked to hit and how intense he was on the field.   He has all the opportunity he could ever wish for right now.    

Here's a n article from August on both Jones and Lattimore making the switch to ILB

http://www.greenbaypressgazett...de-inside-linebacker

I'd be really cautious about expecting much impact from Worthy for a while. How long does it take a DL coming off an ACL to work himself back into game shape? Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't see him helping much until shortly before Matthews is expected back anyway.

Damn, though. If even most of these guys can recover and stay healthy the rest of the year, think of how stacked that front 7 will be in January.

Originally Posted by Salmon Dave:

I'd be really cautious about expecting much impact from Worthy for a while. How long does it take a DL coming off an ACL to work himself back into game shape? Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't see him helping much until shortly before Matthews is expected back anyway.

If I were to guess Worthy gets his full allotment of time before he has to come off the PUP list and so long as no one gets hurt I get the feeling we'll be seeing him in 2014. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.