Skip to main content

Including our own (formerly, anyway) Jolly and Underwood...

This should be interesting

quote:
Eight players, including Tennessee's Kenny Britt, Tampa Bay's Aqib Talib and Cincinnati's Cedric Benson and Adam "Pacman" Jones, were subject to being suspended under the league's conduct policy for incidents during the lockout.

A person with knowledge of the names confirmed to The Associated Press on Sunday that those four are joined on the list by New England's Albert Haynesworth, Arizona's Clark Haggans, Brandon Underwood and Johnny Jolly, both formerly of Green Bay...
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think the interesting point is that the only players to be former players are the two the Packers cut ties with. Other teams do not care as much about these issues it seems. Jolly was definitely good enough to play and start so it was the purple drank issue that got him out of here. Haynesworth has been terrible for the past few years, but NE is still willing to go out and get him. For as much as Kraft has recently become a darling of the NFL, he has never been a character guy. He has been making a lot of reaches on bad-character gus in hopes of winning right now.
If anything Jennings gets to use the Jets to drive up his price. If he plays it smart he woos them and lets them set his market and then signs with someone else. They're dying for a guy with his kind of character and they're ripe to be used.

There's also a bunch of new GMs and coaches running around this offseason who have made all kinds of promises to get their jobs and want to do whatever they can to make themselves successful. It's going to be a good year to be a free agent.
quote:
"There was a stabbing and a shooting in the same incident - and we need to speak to everyone who was there," Martinez said. "(Britt) drove the guy to the hospital. (Britt) was at a dinner, the party, with his pregnant girlfriend."

just the kind of environment I take my baby mama to.... good gawd. dumber than rocks.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.