Skip to main content

TBSS have a bunch of significant injuries including Mack, Jackson, Hicks and ARob.

But they catch a BIG break at home against the RavensLamar Jackson is inactive with an illness.

Lots of crap games this AM/weekend.

……just tune it out.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Despite their own injuries, TBSS gets a Lamar-less Ravens followed by a possible Boyle-led Lions on short rest. Could easily be 5-6 before Thanksgiving dinner.  Of course, Nagy is still the HC and Pace the GM, so 3-8 is not entirely out of the question either.

As crappy as it was for GB to lose, think if you are a Bills or Browns fan?  They were supposed to be the darlings of the AFC and at this rate Cleveland may not make the playoffs.  Buffalo got absolutely destroyed by Indy and JT28.

Need KC and the Seahawks to win to save our special teams and defensive awfulness.

AZ getting it done two weeks in a row because they actually have an NFL quality backup QB. That would be nice.

Last edited by NumberThree
@NumberThree posted:

AZ getting it done two weeks in a row because they actually have an NFL quality backup QB. That would be nice.

AZ got their asses kicked by Carolina last week.  The super backup QB  had 0 TDs, a pick, barely 100 yards passing, and a QBR of 49.

How is Colt McCoy not starting every week somewhere?

@PackLandVA posted:

AZ got their asses kicked by Carolina last week.  The super backup QB  had 0 TDs, a pick, barely 100 yards passing, and a QBR of 49.

How is Colt McCoy not starting every week somewhere?

I would take this as a backup QB every season he's available over what Love has done and how he looks when he's on the field.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • mceclip0
Last edited by NumberThree

How about this...there are about 6-7 1st or 2nd year QB's (Herbert and Burrows in the lead) that look like better long-term prospects than Jordan Hundley.

@Blair Kiel posted:

How about this...there are about 6-7 1st or 2nd year QB's (Herbert and Burrows in the lead) that look like better long-term prospects than Jordan Hundley.

How about this: Jordan Love has 1 NFL start.  The other 6-7 guys you mention have a hell of a lot more.  Unless you include Trey Lance in the group.  And how much better do this year's first round QBs look?  Very hot and cold from week to week.  But I guess that can happen over the course of your first few NFL starts.

But I digress. My initial comment regarding Colt McCoy was that he didn't "get it done two weeks in a row" as suggested.  He sucked the week before.  So he's good at times but mostly average or bad.  But sure, compare an 11 year vet to a guy with 1 NFL start.  Maybe the Packers should've kept Tim Boyle.

I hope I'm rong.....

But, Love just does not have a natural "flow". I can't describe it, but I know it when I don't see it. Apparently a nice kid and I'm pulling for him, but right now he looks more like Brett Hundley and Deshonne Kizer than anyone else mentioned...and those guys got plenty of chances.

Last edited by Blair Kiel

I think this is pretty interesting.  I know it's comparing apples to oranges a little bit, but take a look at AR's first preseason in 2005.  This past summer was effectively Love's first preseason.

AR's 2005 Preseason

Look at the happy feet, the indecision, the tuck and run when the first read isn't there, and quite a few bad throws.  Looks nothing like the QB we've seen for more than a decade. Don't know what Love's future will be, but he's had one start in the NFL. And he wasn't expecting to start until a few days before.

Last edited by PackLandVA

Steelers just got fucking bailed out. Yes it was Def PI on 4th down but they got really lucky. There was 11:43 left in the game and taking the FG there was the correct call.

It worked out for them but they got really lucky

@Blair Kiel posted:

Interesting, but since that shitty Chiefs defense made Jordan Love look like, well, Jordan Love they’ve made every QB they’ve faced look like Jordan Love, including MVP candidate Dak Prescott.

You quitting on Love after one game is no fucking different from your favorite punching bags calling a game over in the second quarter.

Last edited by Goalline

If Seattle's dismal season continues, they won't even have the benefit of a Top 5 / Top 10 pick.  Was traded away to the Jets for Jamal Adams. Yikes.

Same for TBSS. They're (currently) Top 10 pick is headed to Gints.

Last edited by PackLandVA
@PackLandVA posted:

I think this is pretty interesting.  I know it's comparing apples to oranges a little bit, but take a look at AR's first preseason in 2005.  This past summer was effectively Love's first preseason.

AR's 2005 Preseason

Look at the happy feet, the indecision, the tuck and run when the first read isn't there, and quite a few bad throws.  Looks nothing like the QB we've seen for more than a decade. Don't know what Love's future will be, but he's had one start in the NFL. And he wasn't expecting to start until a few days before.

Let’s just say that Love’s first game was a hell of a lot better than Rodgers’ and better than Favre’s.

@Goalline posted:

Interesting, but since that shitty Chiefs defense made Jordan Love look like, well, Jordan Love they’ve made every QB they’ve faced look like Jordan Love, including MVP candidate Dak Prescott.

You quitting on Love after one game is no fucking different from your favorite punching bags calling a game over in the second quarter.

Hey jerkface.

Read my post:

@Blair Kiel posted:

"How about this...there are about 6-7 1st or 2nd year QB's (Herbert and Burrows in the lead) that look like better long-term prospects than Jordan Hundley."

Quitting on Love? Did I say that? Or did I say there are several 1st and 2nd year players who look better....so far. Fucking Hainey dude was a street free agent for WFT and looked better.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.