Skip to main content

Per Ben Fennell and other 22 film junkies, defenses simply play the Packers differently when 17 is on the field. Gives a lot more opportunities to guys like MVS, Bobby T, Jamal and Aaron etc.

We'll hear from Davante Adams later today for the first time since he expressed unhappiness with being held out vs ATL in Week 4, but coach Matt LaFleur said today that he loves Adams' approach. "I know ‘Tae' has done everything in his power, just like he did two weeks ago before we played Atlanta. He's always doing whatever he can to get out on the field ... He's a great player, and I love the way he approaches everything."

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer6m ago

Apparently, Bruce doesn't count drops like MLF would:

@packerboi posted:

Looks like The Bucs secondary could be hurting down 2 starters. Vita Vea is done for the year.

Kevin King sounds like he's unlikely to play.

If I am a betting man, I am betting the over in this one.

It started the week at 52 and jumped up to 55 today.  Las Vegas must be reading your posts Packerboi 

EDIT :    with that derby hat, Bruce Arians looks more like a pastry chef than a head coach

Last edited by skully

For those who are thinking "Preston sucks this year", think again. He's playing the role of Kyler Fackrell in 2020. Lots and lots of dropping in coverage and not a lot of pass rusher opportunities. Sounds like that will be Rashan Gary's role along with Z. Preston is being asked to do something totally different vs last season

Preston Smith has been close in the last 2 games.

Like I said earlier....these first 4 games were the "pre-season" Preston is in game shape now. ABM is holding his cards close to the vest with Preston & yes he has been dropping into coverage more too. Preston Smith I'm not worried about.

Josh Jackson OTOH.....

Aaron Rodgers smiled when breaking down the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' defense, particularly the secondary.

“They're a little younger on the back end. I believe one of those guys, I might've played against his dad at one point, which is interesting,” the Packers’ quarterback said. “I remember that name from the battles that we had.”

He was referencing Buccaneers safety Antoine Winfield Jr. and his father.

Winfield Jr. is a 22-year-old rookie out of the University of Minnesota who has two sacks and a forced fumble. He’s a 5-foot, 9-inch, 203-pound safety who can run a 4.46-second 40-yard dash.

His father, Antoine Winfield Sr., was a 5-9, 189-pound corner who ran a 4.41-second 40 and played 14 years in the NFL, including nine in Minnesota. He faced Rodgers and the Packers eight times. Winfield Sr. had an interception off Rodgers, too, in a 30-23 Vikings’ victory on Oct. 5, 2009. Winfield Sr. also had 10 tackles and a pass breakup that day.

“A ton of respect for his dad, what a great, great player, one of the toughest guys I've played against, so it'll be fun to go against (Winfield Jr.),” Rodgers said. “I think that might be a first for me, a good reminder that in this league, the years get on you pretty fast.”

Will be interesting to see if they run all that jet sweep motion without Ervin.     If you do still run that, who is your motion guy?  If you use MVS you’re removing some of the verticals threat.   I think it’s an important role in the offense even though he hasn’t gotten a lot of touches yet.  

I would either scrap that stuff for this week and run things we haven’t put on film yet or put Jones in that role, letting Williams and Dillon take majority of HB snaps.   Jones there is a real threat which open things up even more for the HB.

Always have liked ESB and excited to see how MLF uses him.

Last edited by michiganjoe

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.