Skip to main content

‏@RobDemovsky
So the #Packers have found their new ROLB. It's @ClayMatthews52. Rookie Nick Perry is playing LOLB.

‏@jasonjwilde
Not practicing OTAs: Peprah, Green, Quarless, Sherrod, Hoese, Brooks, Daniels, Zombo, Kuhn, Woodson, Driver

All QBs participating

@jasonjwilde
#Packers doing some mixing/matching on No. 1 D. Line: Raji, Pickett, Wilson. LB: Perry, Hawk, Bishop, Matthews. S: McMillian, Richardson.

@jasonjwilde
Then Burnett and Levine (in for Peprah) worked with the No. 2 defense, so don't read too much into who's with which group today.

@jasonjwilde
On offense, #Packers line was Newhouse, Lang, Saturday, Sitton, Bulaga left-to-right. No. 12 at QB, whoever he is.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

@RobDemovsky
First look at the nickel defense had Raji and Jerel Worthy up front.

@RobDemovsky
Morgan Burnett and MD Jennings are the safeties so rookie Jerron McMillian isn't being handed a job right away.

@jasonjwilde
#Packers No. 1 nickel was Raji and Worthy; Perry, Bishop, Hawk, Matthews; M.D. Jennings and Burnett; and T.Williams, Shields and Bush.
@jasonjwilde
Not sure where Charles Woodson is. I know he has an event at the Capital Grille in Milwaukee tonight.

-- seems he talked with Michaels today --

@Bill_Michaels: Packers Charles Woodson tells us, "Yes, I'll play safety, no problem."

@RobDemovsky
First punting period of '12 and @TimMasthay was in midseason form. Averaged 50.9 yards and 4.55 seconds of hang time on 14 punts from own 25

@jasonjwilde
M.D. Jennings, or as @PackerReport calls him, "The Doctor," INTs Aaron Rodgers' pass in 11-on-11. He's working in place of Peprah with 1s.
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry5:

@jasonjwilde
M.D. Jennings, or as @PackerReport calls him, "The Doctor," INTs Aaron Rodgers' pass in 11-on-11. He's working in place of Peprah with 1s.

Thanks for the updates H5

here is Bob McGinn's year end review of the Doctor:

M.D. Jennings: "Some were surprised when this rookie free agent from Arkansas State made the team. That didn't include a scout for another NFC team, who said, "I liked the way he moved. I was hoping they'd cut him, but I knew they wouldn't." Though undersized, Jennings is a tough kid with good ball skills and feel in coverage. His speed is above average, too. Despite being the No. 3 safety for the last 15 games, he never had to play from scrimmage." Grade: Incomplete.
By no means trying to read too much into a May practice in shorts, but I was just thinking about this:

If the plan is to really cut down on Raji's snaps - something I think even armchair coaches can agree is overdue - where will he see his workload reduced? Most of the new additions to the line are of the lighter/pass rushier ilk, so I would think BJ's stature might be a little more valuable in base packages.

I wonder if we'll just see a heavier rotation in nickel since that accounts for the bulk of the snaps anyway. Thoughts?
In between meetings...

@jasonjwilde
And in the biggest #Packers OTA news of the day, Kevin Greene has gotten a haircut.

@RobDemovsky
The #Packers have given @RyanGrant25's locker to Diondre Borel. It still had Grant's name on it at rookie camp.

Look for recaps on GBPG and other outlets as the first OTA of the year is now complete.
Another comment on the Doc's INT

@TyDunne
A good interception by M.D. Jennings on Rodgers. Crept up, got underneath low ball. He might have a shot at safety.

@RobDemovsky
Mason Crosby goes 3-5 on FGs. Missed WR from 39, 44. Good from 34, 34, 44.

@TyDunne
C.J. Wilson working with the first team in base. Meanwhile, Shields just picked off Rodgers deep center.
I heard Hawk cut his hair... but damn he looks small there.

GBPG (iPhone) video?
http://packersnews.greenbaypre...-at-OTAs-May-22-2012

@TyDunne
When Anthony Hargrove was asked about the declaration today he said, “In this business you’re always supposed to do what your coaches tell you to do. My response is what it was. Everything that I gave in that declaration outlines exactly what happened.”

@TyDunne
Overall, Hargrove came back to football again and again to reporters. Wouldn't get into too many details. Asked him if he was surprised by 8-game suspension. Just smiled and said, “I guess no more surprised than I was when the Green Bay Packers signed me. It’s just one of the things you have to handle.”

‏@TyDunne
When Hargrove was asked if he's confident he'll win appeal he said he's "confident I can win on third downs."

More on Hargrove
@RobDemovsky
Frank Zombo, Charlie Peprah, Jon Hoese, John Kuhn still not practicing.

@RobDemovsky
Of course Alex Green, Andrew Quarless and Derek Sherrod are still out and likely will be til camp or beyond

@RobDemovsky
Also, Marshall Newhouse is nowhere to be seen. Herb Taylor took the first LT rep.

@RobDemovsky
Haven't seen Phillip Merling either but given that he was overweight maybe he's inside doing conditioning

@PeteDougherty
Packers ota clay Matthews not working in first set of team drills, reason unknown. Was practicing earlier

@WesHod
Davon House said last week he felt he's improved considerably with OTAs. Has had some nice breakups today #Packers

@jasonjwilde
Nifty diving catch by @JermichaelF88 from @AaronRodgers12 on an 11-on-11 pass at #Packers OTAs.
quote:
@jasonjwilde
#Packers No. 1 nickel was Raji and Worthy; Perry, Bishop, Hawk, Matthews; M.D. Jennings and Burnett; and T.Williams, Shields and Bush.

I don't understand Hawk in the Nickle with all the depth we have.. He has his strengths, but coverage is certainly not one of them.

Good to hear about M.D.. I'm not a Peprah fan and am hoping the rookie or M.D. steps up.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.