Skip to main content

2012 WK6 GB @ HOU

Weather:
Dome

With the Call:
NBC Sports will broadcast the game to a national audience. Play-by-play man Al Michaels joins color commentator Cris Collinsworth in the booth with Michele Tafoya reporting from the sidelines.

Packers Pregame/Postgame Radio Show (starts two hours before the game):
Listen Here

Gamecenter/Rosters:
Gamecenter
Packers Roster
Texans Roster

Captains:
WR Donald Driver (offense)
S Morgan Burnett (defense)
FB John Kuhn (special teams).

Officials:
Referee Jerome Boger (23)
Umpire Tony Michalek (115)
Head Linesman Ed Camp (134)
Line Judge Tom Stephan (68)
Field Judge Dyrol Prioleau (109)
Side Judge Joe Larrew (73)
Back Judge Tony Steratore (112).

Inactives:
will update sunday

Video:
NFL Films game preview: Packers at Texans
'Playbook': Packers vs. Texans

Final Thoughts on Packers-Texans
The McCarren Report: Heart of a lion
Mike McCarthy Show with Alex Green
Inside Lambeau with LB Erik Walden

quote:
Packers-Texans Week 6 Dope Sheet

It will be the first time the Packers have faced an undefeated team with five or more wins since they played the 7-0 Tennessee Titans in Nashville on Nov. 2, 2008. Houston and Atlanta are the only remaining undefeated teams this season.

The Packers are 4-0 all-time in the city of Houston, with three of those victories coming against the Oilers.

The Packers have won five of their last six games played on Sunday night, with the lone loss over that span coming at New England (31-27) in Week 15 of the 2010 season.

Green Bay is 18-5 all-time in Sunday night contests, a .783 winning percentage that ranks No. 1 in NFL history,

Texans defensive coordinator Wade Phillips was on the Oilers’ staff from 1976-80 and was Thompson’s position coach in ’76…

STAT OF THE WEEK
James Jones is the only player in the NFL with three two-TD catch games over the past seven regular-season contests, and his seven TD catches over that span are tied for No. 1 in the league with Saints WR Marques Colston, Giants WR Victor Cruz and Falcons WR Julio Jones.

Jones now has five-plus TD catches each of the past four seasons (2009-12), the lone Packer to do so over that span. His 22 receiving TDs since ’09 rank No. 2 on the team behind only Greg Jennings (26).
continue

quote:
Tweets:
RobDemovsky
An early look inside Reliant Stadium about two hours before kickoff (link for when the image gets taken down)

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

From Packers.com

quote:
The following players have been declared as inactive for tonight’s Packers-Texans game at Reliant Stadium.

Green Bay Packers
28 S Sean Richardson
31 CB Davon House
56 LB Terrell Manning
64 G Greg Van Roten
84 TE D.J. Williams
85 WR Greg Jennings
90 DT B.J. Raji

Starting lineup changes: On offense, #89 James Jones will start at wide receiver in place of #85 Greg Jennings. On defense, #79 Ryan Pickett will start at nose tackle in place of #90 B.J. Raji. #99 Jerel Worthy will start at left defensive end in place of #79 Ryan Pickett.

Houston Texans
20 CB Roc Carmichael
26 CB Brandon Harris
27 SS Quintin Demps
66 T Andrew Gardner
67 G Cody White
79 G Brandon Brooks
97 ILB Barrett Ruud
Packers C Jeff Saturday was asked what the mood in the Green Bay locker room was now following the loss to the Colts.”Coach (Mike) McCarthy has talked a lot about where we are,” Saturday said. “It’s the condition of our team that we are concerned about much more than the position. We’re 2-3 and there’s a lot of football left, but we’re doing a lot of things to hurt ourselves. And in all of the games we’ve lost, we’ve done it and we are not correcting the mistakes we need to correct.
quote:
Originally posted by tundra_power:
Not sure why everyone is infatuated with Raji....I just don't see it. He is NOT a great run stuffer and he brings near nothing to the pass rush. Someone tell me what I am missing.

What you're missing is a general understanding of what a 3-4 NT's job is.
quote:
Originally posted by Packy:
Anyone know the lastest injury news on House? I know he's going to have the injury all season but will we have him at some point? Is he getting any better?

I think he's ready to go now, but the more time he has to heal the better. With no injuries in the secondary coupled with Shield and Heyward playing well, there's really no reason to push him out on the field. Just a guess.
quote:
Not sure why everyone is infatuated with Raji....I just don't see it. He is NOT a great run stuffer and he brings near nothing to the pass rush. Someone tell me what I am missing.

He's a 330 lbs NT. Has he been spectacular this year? No, but he's a big body and we're playing a team that runs the **** out of the ball.
quote:
Originally posted by tundra_power:
quote:
Originally posted by Goalline:
A lot, Tundra. You are missing a lot.

Yeah thanks, don't be a smart ass....answer.
Me? Smart ass? Smiler

Listen, Taking isn't perfect, but he is pretty damned good. To appreciate him you have to understand his job. 75% of the time he ties up linemen so the lbs can flow to the ball. You saw last week when Raji went out suddenly the Colts were able to run the Ball. On the passrush he does a great job clogging up the middle of the field and at his best he will collapse the pocket. My problem with him, he it's too often beaten by double teams in the run game.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.