Skip to main content

Nice game! I am happy to say I was wrong about Alex Green!

But there's still work to do, and there's a lot of football to be played.
But it feels great to be a Packers fan and to know that after 61 years of following the Pack, my son and I will be at our first Packers game in 2 weeks. :-)
quote:
Originally posted by trump:
Prayer to the football gods:

Please let the Packers have the strength and brains to stop the Texans run game 2nite early and often. amen.

P.S. - thanks in advance for answering my prayers.

And again, thanks gods.
quote:
Originally posted by hntr74:
Not a must win but I'm pretending it's the SB a lot wouldn't also mind seeing on Feb 3rd.

If the team is as good as they and most believe I can't imagine they stink up Reliant tonight.

Nice to see the team come out like it was the SB and dominate this one. Texans really don't scare me at all if we meat again.
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry5:
From what I understand, respect is very valuable in the NFL. Maybe that's just for RBs though.

Bingo. But it's not just for RBs. The tough part is having a respectable player at the position to respect.
quote:
Video:
The McCarren Report: Unincredible

In this edition of the McCarren Report, packers.com's Larry McCarren is in the Broadcasting Booth at Lambeau Field dissecting the Packers defense at stopping Texans' running back Arian Foster in Week 6's match up.
quote:
Packers starting a receiving line
jsonline.com

by Tyler Dunne on Wednesday, October 18th, 2012

"I got that comfort level watching film during the week and understanding what kind of technique he plays and understanding the guys I'm going to go up against," Cobb said . "And then getting on the field and seeing it in person early on in the game and getting a feel for how he's going to play me personally during the game, it made it a lot easier down the stretch to make moves and get leverage."

Nelson often victimized Johnathan Joseph. And for Cobb, operating in the slot, minute details on Brice McCain's game went a long way.

"Just the leverage that he played with," Cobb said. "I knew he was going to be physical at the top of his routes, so I just tried to keep separation at the top of the routes. At times, it was a struggle because he held sometimes. But obviously you have to play through that because you're not going to get all the calls."

"Coach made a good point today in the meeting - capability vs. sustainability," said undrafted rookie Jarrett Boykin, who saw his first action Sunday. "He brought up that we were capable of going out there and doing what we're supposed to do. But at this point, we want to sustain it. . . . Showing what we're capable of and then just going out there and sustaining it and keep doing it."
continue
More past the click.
quote:
Packers Video: Ryan Pickett Best Packers Nose Tackle Hands down
jerseyal.com

by Jersey Al Bracco

Ryan Pickett had a whale of a game against the Houston Texans. Their Pro Bowler center, the 6’4″ 290lb Chris Meyers, was no match for Pickett. Double teams were no match for Pickett, except when he got chop blocked (more on that later).

The best the Texans were able to do against Pickett was keep him on the line of scrimmage. There was no knocking him back off the line. There was no getting bounced back and forth between two blockers. These are things I’ve witnessed too much from BJ Raji.

The Packers held Arian Foster (averaging 106 yards per game coming into the Packers contest) to 29 yards in 17 carries – 1.7 ypc average. If you don’t think a big reason for that was Ryan Pickett, you need to go watch the game again. There were no running lanes for Foster between the tackles. He scored two short yardage touchdowns, both by bouncing the play off tackle to avoid a hard charging Ryan Pickett.
continue
Past the click there's a bunch of video illustrating Pickett's impact and a look at the cut blocks the Texans used to try to neutralize his strong play. Nice post.
Yet another look at the second Jordy TD . This guy also gives a lot of credit to the play design of having Boykins run the shallow cross.
quote:
X’s & O’s: Jordy Nelson’s 2nd TD vs. Texans…Thanks To Jarrett Boykin?
cheeseheadtv.com

By Aaron Nagler on Oct 16, 2012 with

Diagram 2 is where we see Boykin’s route pay off in the form of a touchdown. I’ve place the receivers at their points in the route when the touchdown was completed along with the corresponding defensive movements in coverage. The Mike linebacker becomes an irrelevant piece of the coverage because he “mugs” up on Boykin shallow. Couple this with the routes by Finley and Jones and you get isolation with Nelson on the corner. Nelson has to beat the corner with his route and Rodgers needs to beat the Nickel back with his throw. The Nickel defender didn’t get a deep enough drop to affect the throwing window
continue

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.