Skip to main content

Live Stream (Via sschumer):

FOX 11

Ustream

Family Night 2013:

Day's Timeline:

• 5:30 p.m. – Family Night Activities begin in stadium bowl with Packers highlights film.
  • 6:00 p.m. – NFL Flag Football teams will scrimmage on-field.
  • 6:30 p.m. – Packers pre-game warm ups.
  • 6:45 p.m. – Skytypers.
  • 7:30 p.m. – Packers introductions, national anthem, scrimmage kickoff.
  • 9:30 p.m. – Scrimmage ends, Jerseys off our Backs giveaway.
  • 9:45 p.m. – Fireworks begin.

Weather:

71°F, Mostly Clear, 0% Chance of Precipitation, 55% humiditiy, 5mph winds from the North

Video:

Packers look forward to an exciting Family Night

Hear from Green Bay Packers LB Brad Jones, WR James Jones, TE Ryan Taylor, RB Johnathan Franklin, S Morgan Burnett, and RB Eddie Lacy as they look forward to playing in the 13th Packers Family Night.

Packers scrimmage: What to watch for

espn/nfcnorthblog.com

by Rob Demovsky on Saturday, August 3rd, 2013

Here are some things to look for:

Tonight, when full tackling is allowed (except of the quarterbacks), will be the first real chance to see what rookies Eddie Lacy and Johnathan Franklin can do. Lacy has been effective, especially in red zone drills where his power running style has served him well.

But with only “thud tackling” in practice, who knows if the runs Lacy has been finishing would have really happened in a game?

When asked whether people will learn anything more about him in the scrimmage, Lacy said:

“I think they will. Everybody’s going to come out and play to the best of their ability or close to it. Nobody wants to get hurt, so it’s not going to be 100 percent full go, but it will give a lot of people a chance to see what the team looks like this year.” continue 

Last edited by titmfatied
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

From Friday practice information:

"Packers out: Cunningham, Dorsey, Johnson, Harris, Richardson, Hayward, Tramon, Fulton, Moses, Lattimore, Tretter, Sherrod, Quarless, Nelson, Neal and Worthy. Palmer returns"

The injuries are mounting.  More are being added than are coming off the list.  That isn't a good sign and will make roster determination more difficult.  I think that is the top concern right now. Hopefully we don't add any more tonight.  I think I'll buy stock in bubble wrap now before the demand hits. 

Last edited by titmfatied

have five team periods scheduled in their script. Two no-huddle, two move-the-ball, one 2-minute drill.

According to the  script, which is subject to change, the final period of the  scrimmage will be the FG competition.

Originally Posted by Fond Du Arrigo:
Originally Posted by Boris:

BJ Coleman is still a better QB than harrell

I'd take Harrell 100 times out of 100. Coleman has an arm, but not much else as far as I can see.

Yeah you can have him & that noodle arm. In the time it took him to throw an "out" I went to the john & made a sandwich, then sat back in front of the laptop & saw it get completed.

Coleman can be coached & has some talent. Harrell is a cross between Doug Pedersen & Spergon Wynn. 

I realize Coleman needs work (a lot of it) on his accuracy but I'll take the guy with talent 100 times out of 100.

Of course none of this matters anyway. Rodgers needs to stay healthy. PERIOD

Watching Coleman I can't help but think back to Holmgren screaming its time to bench Favre, then changing his mind. Coleman is a learning in a perfect spot. There's no fear in is game.

Tough night for Jeremy Ross (sloppy routes). Newhouse looked good at RT.

Random thought. Does this offense seem more free flowing given Jennings and Driver aren't in camp when the 1's are in? Seems that way to me.

Coleman resembles a turnover machine and he needs to improve his decision-making. Premature to write off Crosby at this point but as MM said that's not going to cut it. Tavecchio appears to have good accuracy but his range is a question mark/concern.

Absolutely loved what I saw from Lacy and he should really help open up the passing game for AR.

I don't recall seeing Harrell take any snaps (late 'tuning' in, having steak dinner with Mrs. Timmy! for her birthday), and saw 2 or 3 plays before Coleman threw that INT in the EZ. The decision was worse than the throw. I saw a replay of an earlier INT (I think?) that looked just as horrid.

But a series or 2 later, he made 2 really nice throws on 1st down, as I recall, hitting some nice seam patterns downfield to 83 if memory is still serving. These passes were the polar opposite of his INTs; quick (and correct) decision, got the ball off in a hurry, and looked dead on target to me.

I'd likely still take Harrell over Coleman. INTs are a double whammy; the TO and  too hard to overcome. I'd rather have a slow and steady approach if ARod were to go out of a game, plus we may have an actual rushing game to take some pressure off.

If Harrell could be limited to throwing no more than 20-25 yard passes, I think he could function pretty well. Just don't ask him to make the 40 yard passes to a window tighter than Dick's hatband or to throw fastballs at similar distances.

OTOH, if Coleman was throwing INT's it limits offensive plays and forced a defense to play too many snaps, perhaps at the most inopportune times.

In MM I trust on this one.

Nothing like a little post whoring for activity points...

Crosby was ridiculous.

He should be able to kick mid-30s to 40 yard FGs anytime, anywhere, under any conditions. Backwards. Blindfolded. With one arm tied behind his back.

I couldn't see the stream well enough to see what his problem was, but that was a poor performance to say the least.

It feels strange to think of life without Crosby, but at this point I'll take Tavecchio's accuracy. At least you know how close you've got to get before he can attempt a kick.

I still would prefer Crosby find Jobu's rum, but his funk is lingering for far too long now.

Do the Vikings need a kicker?

Yeah you can have him & that noodle arm. In the time it took him to throw an "out" I went to the john & made a sandwich, then sat back in front of the laptop & saw it get completed.

Isn't that what matters?

I get a real farve vibe from BJ, here let me channel Madden - he's like a kid out there!! If & when he matures no question he has the potential to be very good. Until then we can all enjoy watching him show-off his arm by throwing into triple coverage and then show-off his speed by chasing DBs down the sideline. 

Lacy is the real deal.  Very very exciting.

Hawk looks faster.

bush is still bush in the secondary.

First pass to Finley is a drop. Figures.

Hope Coleman snaps back cause there's been a lot of hoopla about him this pre-season.

After the crap crosby pulled last year, and he does it right away this year??????????

Buh bye.

Originally Posted by PackFoo:
Originally Posted by FLPACKER:

Any way you look at it, if AR gets hurt, we're screwed. 

But isn't that the case for 90% of NFL teams?

....I don't think many teams would have a drop off as steep as ours. 

Originally Posted by Shoeless Joe:

Isn't that what matters?

I get a real farve vibe from BJ, here let me channel Madden - he's like a kid out there!! If & when he matures no question he has the potential to be very good. Until then we can all enjoy watching him show-off his arm by throwing into triple coverage and then show-off his speed by chasing DBs down the sideline. 

Yes,  it is what matters but my point is, in a real game that's a pick 6. Harrell has a noodle arm. I don't want any part of that.

Yes Coleman has that "Favre vibe" to him but I think he's coachable & once his decision making gets corrected, Harrell is a goner.

Originally Posted by FLPACKER:

....I don't think many teams would have a drop off as steep as ours.

how many is "many"? name more than 16. Everyone has the same issue. There's no "Earl Morrall" backing up Bob Griese anymore

Last edited by Boris

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.