Skip to main content

Still have to watch tape of the 2nd half but thought it a good time to update.

Hyde - around the ball a lot and has a nose for the tackle. 

Lacy - just stay healthy and he is gold.

Bakhair - sometimes gets schooled but still holding up as a life raft at LT.

Franklin - kind of on the shelf lately

Datone - maybe coming to life now.  needs to keep building on it.

Malumba - good depth.

With the injuries to vets these Rookies are growing up fast.

Bakhtiari, Banjo, Barrington, Boyd, Franklin, Harper, Hyde, Jones, Lacy, Mulumba, Palmer, Stoneburner, Taylor, White

The players get a lot of press, but Thompson and the scouts find them. McCarthy & staff get them ready.

Super Bowl champs in 2010, 15-1 in 2011... Thompson et al go back to work stocking the shelves with better depth. 

Enough can't be said about the work these guys put in every day.

Ted Thompson, Executive V.P., General Manager & Director of Football Operations

Eliot Wolf, Director of Pro Personnel
Brian Gutekunst, Director of College Scouting
Alonzo Highsmith, Senior Personnel Executive
Sam Seale, West Regional Scout
Tim Terry, Assistant Director of Pro Personnel
Lee Gissendaner, Area Scout
Jon-Eric Sullivan, Area Scout
John Wojciechowski, Area Scout
Richmond Williams, Area Scout
Chad Brinker, Pro Scout
Glenn Cook, Pro Scout
Alonzo Dotson, College Scout
Mike Owen, College Scout

Originally Posted by Hungry5:

McMillian may replace Bush on STs next year.

Maybe...but I think GB was looking at Micah Hyde to fill that CB/S /ST role and he surely looks like a jack of all trades

They also grabbed S Sean Richardson as a big safety/ special teams ace

Bush will be gone next year... and unless McMillian steps up soon, he'll be gone too

Back to the rookies.

There has been some talk around here and other places about ROY for GB.  Bakhair, Hyde and Eddie Money Lacy.  I think Hyde is clearly #3 on that list as of today.  And while I pee alittle every time I see Lacy breaking tackles and gaining 8yds on first down, I think Bak gets the nod.  It's much harder to find a good LT than it is a good RB.  I think it's safe to say LT is much more important position than RB as well.  Considering what 2 other backs on the roster have done when given the main load, it makes Lacy's importance a little lesser.  And I love what Money does for this team but if you had to pick which one the team could survive losing, I don't know how anyone could pick Germ over Ed.

It's kind of a chicken/egg debate with Bahk/Lacy. Is Lacy making Bahk look better because DE's aren't cheating wide outside or sacrificing running lanes for the pass rush? Or is simply a matter of Bahk opening holes and Lacy is the beneficiary? Bahk has far exceeded expectations absolutely, but I'm leaning towards the success being a result of Lacy's speed, power, and patience. He's not just some sledgehammer, he's patient and he has incredible acceleration when he finds that opening. It's a symbiotic relationship between Lacy and Bahk, but I think Lacy is making Bahk's life much easier!

So... SI has no GBP listed among the eight most surprising rookies this year. (Eight in the Box) I can see some of his reasons (Tyrann Mathieu is certainly a surprise), but not to include Bacteria at all?

Bacteria is the ROY by far, IMHO. I love Lacy and what he's done for the ground game. But without Bac, Rodgers spends a lot more time running for his life or flat on the ground. We would probably still have Newhouse at LT, and that thought alone makes me vote for Bac as ROY.

We don't know how Bulaga would have performed at LT, but Bulaga could have a very difficult time beating out Bac next year, provided the coaches still want to try Bulaga at LT. Hyde is a keeper and I hope DJones really comes on the second half of this year. When all is said and done, this draft combined with the free agent pickups could be TT's best yet.

Last edited by Fandame

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.