Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Rockin' Robin:
Originally Posted by The GBP Rules:

Why on earth didn't they line up to spike it after the penalty?  Would have gotten 2 more plays off for sure that way.  Unforgivable.

Unforgivable and Unreal. The ref had to basically tell him the clock was running. Only thing worse would have been him not getting the play off at all. 

Does this team even deserve a win by Philly tonight?

Yeah if the ref hadn't run up to him I doubt they even would have gotten the play off.  How can you be in your 6th year in the league and not understand basic clock management?

Spike the ball and there's 7 or 8 seconds left, plenty of time to get 2 more plays off.  Not only that, but 2 organized plays. 

This entire team was laughable today

The special teams debacles.  I mean, they gave up like 3 or 4 big returns.

The ill advised, drive killing penalties that cost them points.  The Raji and Perry penalties in the 4Q.

Then there's Flynn gift wrapping them points and the idotic lack of clock management at the end.  

Last edited by Tschmack
Originally Posted by tundra_power:

Flynn blew this one

He wasn't good, but there is a great deal of blame to be spread around. This team looks so bad right now, and with the way some contracts are set up and certain defensive draft picks seem to be going, I'm wondering how they are going to turn it around. The WRs and RBs are good, and the OL has shown a lot of promise this year (fewer sacks that were their fault, strong power rushing) in spite of all the penalties. They also have that Rodgers guy. Special teams, TEs and defense are in pretty awful shape, though.

Last edited by Pack-Man
Originally Posted by CAPackFan95:

Originally Posted by tundra_power:

Flynn blew this one

Back up QB produces 31 points.  Blame him.

Of course.  

A gift at the goal line, a pick six, theres 14 points taken away from the equation plus some great running by Lacy and Starks...Flynn had very little to do with those 31 points. Pick a QB high in May is what I say

What's so incredibly frustrating is this team battles so hard in the wake of crippling injuries, but then has about 10 bonehead plays that you just can't have in a must-win game.

In the last two minutes alone, they:

*Fumble trying to make something out of nothing

*Commit a brutal offsides on FG

*Don't have the awareness to let a guy score and tackle him at the one

*Commit a false start with 20 seconds left that results in a 10 second run-off

*Fail to recognize the clock is running even though the ref just announced it would to 60,000 fans and the entire viewing audience

So as much as I respect the resilience of this team in the face of so many injuries, I just don't get how these things happen so many times. Obviously I'll root for the Eagles tonight. But even if the Eagles won, would anyone be shocked if next week is just a repeat of this week (AR saga, Flynn bonehead mistakes, more injuries, brutal special teams).

By the way, there should have been more than 10 seconds left on the clock. The penalty probably happened at 25 or 24 seconds…but b/c the play wasn't blown dead immediately, the clock kept running during the Starks handoff. 

Either way, if the ref doesn't tell Flynn the clock is still running, he's probably barking out signals while the coaches run out for the post-game handshake. Awful awareness by a veteran QB. And would it kill a coach or another player to figure it out and motion to him that he needs to spike the ball?

Originally Posted by Caveman:
The Flynn pick 6 was a 7 point swing, quite possibly a 10 or 14 which I doubt

Wasn't the point.  I said backup QB puts up 31.  You then say "Take 14 points out of the equation", which is wrong on every possible level.  I point that out, you shift the goalposts.  

But, yeah, he threw a pick 6 because Quarless ran into him while he threw.  So.  Yeah.

I can't really kill anyone.  The Steelers are a (record be) damned good team and we were way understaffed.  They still put up a hell of a fight. 

Flynn should be Doug Pederson version 2.  If they have a better defense he's good enough to give us a shot.  Don't trust Tolzien and don't think a draft pick is the right route.

Clay went out on his shield with a sack.  Team showed they were very game this year when it would have been easy to quit.  No shame at all in how they competed 

I have a good feeling about the Eagles tonight.  I don't see the Bears being able to handle McCoy.  Season's not quite over yet... 

Last edited by titmfatied
Originally Posted by Tschmack:

Larry McCarren mentioned it as well, on the post game interview with MM

Causing the interception.  That's rich

The ball took like 8 seconds to get to the boundary so whatever

The Pittsburgh DB actually had to slow down to catch it - watch the replay

Makes Matt Hasselbeck v Al Harris look like nothing

Hooray Matty Ice!!  I mean Matt Flynn6

Originally Posted by Iowacheese:

when us dumdum fans understand the rules better than the players....problemo

Even the fifty drunks in this virtual bar knew it would be  a run off and clock starting once ball  placed back in play.

Still fun game and fun afternoon regardless of all of our brett farts

And yet the dumb ass players end up bein ESPN and NFL network NFL analysts.  Go figure!

Originally Posted by ammo:

If Quarless doesn't run into Flynn that play may have been a TD for Boykin. He was one on one with no safety over the top.  I'd bet that was an audible to that play and Quarless missed the call.

It was the run/pass option deal that the Packers and every other team runs. Watch the OLine....they are all run blocking.

MF went with the pass option at least 4 times today, with very little to show for at....and a pick 6 to boot.

Just RTFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.