Skip to main content

Originally Posted by BartManDude:

VaJayJay

Now we know 

I had a similar injury.   I had to listen to the god-awful Bears radio network on Sirius xm for the final 5 mins (visiting family in hospital).   On the pass to Cobb, I scraped my knuckle on the roof of the car doing fist-pump drawing almost as much blood which I did not notice till  I got out of the car 15 mins later.   I did notice however that my speed had crept up to 85 mph just after the catch..  cripes...  Very satisfying victory!

Last edited by ZUF
Originally Posted by DocBenni:

My inside sources are telling me that docbenni is gonna be hung over tomorrow.

That's B$! C'mon man....stop pullin' $hit outta thin air!

Last edited by Boris

glad to see by page 2 Henry brought the smack down on you cheap whiny sniveling  wannabe packer fans.

What a ****ing game and season full of injuries and whining by us all  - meh that's being a true fan is I guess and this yr it was one injury after another weeek after  week. 

We made it to the second season despite all that went against the team... amazing.   beating the bores was just icing on the cookies.

Last edited by hntr74
Originally Posted by antiworst:

Enjoy the game Henry. We're winning. Sorry to hear about the relapse. Maybe we'll see another "I'm sorry, I have a drinking problem" thread from you in the future. Let's hope so. Re-read this thread tomorrow if you sober up. You'll be embarrassed.

you're the worst..  congrats.   this game thread is pure gold for all to read through...  

We're all  passionate to our teams success/failure, but it's just funny how we all show it  emotionally on the forum.

Bottom line is this is the greatest packer board in the world no matter what nonsense gets spewed out.  we all deal with failure and success differently...   **** I couldn;t even watch the last the two 4th downs and had leave the bar to toke on the pipe.      Can't take these games the past 4 yrs without a drug.

Happy New  Years you twats!  

Last edited by hntr74

Couldn't listen to audio on the final TD (Viking relatives were at least nice enough to turn on the TV so I could see the end of the game). Did they throw a flag for Cutler being over the LOS? On the screen it looked like his foot was well over the line when he threw that final pass (on which Marshall looked pathetic since Shields easily undercut him nicely for the INT).

All gravy from here on out... 

Originally Posted by hntr74:
Originally Posted by antiworst:

Enjoy the game Henry. We're winning. Sorry to hear about the relapse. Maybe we'll see another "I'm sorry, I have a drinking problem" thread from you in the future. Let's hope so. Re-read this thread tomorrow if you sober up. You'll be embarrassed.

you're the worst..  congrats.   this game thread is pure gold for all to read through...  

We're all  passionate to our teams success/failure, but it's just funny how we all show it  emotionally on the forum.

Bottom line is this is the greatest packer board in the world no matter what nonsense gets spewed out.  we all deal with failure and success differently...   **** I couldn;t even watch the last the two 4th downs and had leave the bar to toke on the pipe.      Can't take these games the past 4 yrs without a drug.

Happy New  Years you twats!  

No skin off my ass hntr.  I take it as well as I dish it out.  I was over the bitching in what amounts to one last great game with a great storyline.  Playoffs are great but expectations are tempered.  It was great to enjoy this game overall.  

Hugs and kisses you bunch of dicks.

I don't care how many times the Packers win. **** the Packers. **** the whole organization. **** whiney Rodgers and **** that fat bitch Mike McCarthy. He a Schwartz should go to the douchebag bowl. They would be head coaches there. 

Go Bears! I will NEVER stop being a fan of this awesome team!

via www.bearsfansonline.com/

Another Bears forum:

**** ME **** OUR DEFENSE **** THE PACKERS **** MEL TUCKER AND HIS INABILITY TO MOTIVATE OUR PIECE OF **** DEFENSE AND COACH THEM TO PLAY TO THE ****ING WHISTLE ****ING SLIPPERY BALLS GODDAMNIT MARSHALL HOW THE **** DO YOU DROP THAT PASS SAME TO YOU JEFFERY ON THAT ONE ON ONE PASS BUT ILL GIVE YOU A LITTLE MORE LEEWAY **** **** ****ING ****

From the same site:

I hope Rodgers gets a career ending sack and his collar bone cuts his jugular in game 1. I hope Lacy needs to have his leg amputated below the knee after a nasty tackle. I hope Jordy Nelson forgets his own name after a severe concussion. I hope Mike Mcarthy suffers a massive coronary on the sideline and dies.

Oh ...and also. I believe the NFL LOVES Green Bay and rigged it to a point where they want the Packers to at least go to the playoffs so it's the typical come frombehind hollywood ending where the star comes in at the MOST trivial point in the season to make that team move on.

The refs obviously LOVE green bay and some of those calls were 100 percent completely BULL****! I'll watch this game in super slo motion again. I think it's rigged to the point to where they KNEW Rodgers was back so they couldn't let this win go to the Bears so the refs did all the sneaky things they could to stop the Bears from winning. All the holds on Peppers and McClellan not called, the playclocks down at 0 when rodgers snapped it, think I counted 4 times actually on that, some false starts. But no, we can't look at that. Because...they are the Packers! For some reason the NFL GUSHES about them and WANTS them to win every single time. I don't get it with the lovefest for Rodgers to.

Go Bears. All the time, Every day

quote:
Couldn't listen to audio on the final TD (Viking relatives were at least nice enough to turn on the TV so I could see the end of the game). Did they throw a flag for Cutler being over the LOS?

We discussed this in another thread.  (Well, I did; nobody listened but that's normal any time I post.)  The rule is that the passer's entire body has to be past the LOS.  It looked as though Cutler's trailing leg was still behind the LOS.

Compare this to the end of the SD/KC game, where Chase Daniel on a 4th and 15 was two or three yards downfield when he threw the final pass (which was incomplete anyhow).

I'd have to look it up but I think they defined it as the QB has to be 100% past the LOS... would've been funny if the Bears lost because they flagged Cutler for being past the LOS. Instant Replay redo?

Rule is if any part of the body is behind the original LOS it's a legal pass.

Rule also states that once a QBs entire body has crossed the LOS he can't step back across it to attempt a pass either. That's also a penalty.
Last edited by ChilliJon

Just wanted everyone to know that my inside information from last night was again spot on.  I am hungover.  

In relatad and news, I have also lost my voice.  

I love the day after a big Packer win!

The rule book is rather confusing to me.

http://static.nfl.com/static/c..._BackPass_Fumble.pdf

RULE 8

LEGAL FORWARD PASS

Article 2 Legal Forward Pass.

The offensive team may make one forward pass from behind the line during each down. If the ball, whether in player possession or loose, crosses the line of scrimmage, a forward pass is not permissible, regardless of whether the ball returns behind the line of scrimmage before the pass is thrown.

Item 1: Illegal Passes

Any other forward pass by either team is illegal and is a foul by the passing team, including:

(a) A forward pass thrown when the passer is beyond the line of scrimmage.

Note:It is a forward pass from beyond the line of scrimmage if the passer’s entire body and the ball are beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is released, whether the passer is airborne or touching the ground. The penalty for a forward pass thrown from beyond the line is enforced from the spot where the ball is released.

(b) A second forward pass thrown from behind the line of scrimmage.

(c) A forward pass thrown after the ball has crossed the line of scrimmage and has returned behind it.

(d) A forward pass thrown after there has been a change of possession.

So is it the ball only or the ball and the entire body?  It's not clear to me.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.