Skip to main content

Originally Posted by packerboi:

Favre Thinks Rodgers Is "Pretty Good"

Today on Sqor, a social media sight for pro-athletes, Brett Favre gave his predictions on the Packers and Aaron Rodgers.

It is priceless. Click the button.

Favre speaks on tonights game.

Quick! Sign up for that autographed jersey....that he probably didn't sign.

Favorite moment posted:

Favorite moment: Packers Super Bowl XLV. Lost Driver, Woodson to injury. Defense exhausted. Packer offense in 4th quarter, 3rd down & long, needs to keep the ball. Aaron Rodgers pass to Greg Jennings, FIRST DOWN! Gigantic play that vaulted the Pack to Championship #13

---------

Think I'll win the jersey?

A quick story. Some may have heard this before

Jan, 1996. Packers head out to SF for playoffs. +9.5 underdogs. Moneyline +270

Was living paycheck to paycheck at this time. I'm pretty much all in on this game. $1,100.00 on +9.5 & $800 at +270.

We all remember that was the first game the Niners lost in the division round at home. They were previously undefeated & I knew if the Packers were going to win, we'd never see +9.5 on them for the next year or so,

$1,100 returns $2,100

$800 returns $2,160

If they had lost the game but covered the +9.5 (which I fully expected them to at least cover). I gain $200. I needed the win to make profit. Much like tonight.

Yes I have them on the spread, but I make way more if they win outright. If the spread moved to +6 (I got +5.5) I'd be all over it betting even more on the spread. This is your shot. You'll never get them at +6 again the rest of the year if they win this game. 

I don't know what's going to happen tonight, but I feel very confident our team will be highly competitive. We ain't losing 43-8 like the lame ass Broncos. I'll be very disappointed if the Packers turn the ball over 2 or more times. The Packers aren't afraid of the Seahawks & the Seahawks know it, hence their chatter in the media. The Seahawks are worried. This ain't an AFC team their facing tonight.

Right now the 4 best teams in the NFC are Seattle, SF, Saints & Packers. That's why these 2 are kicking off the season. I think SF is going to drop out by years end & the Eagles, Panthers or even the Bears might sneak up into that top 4 of the NFC.

Demovsky teasing us big time....

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnor...-new-looks-in-opener

You could tell Dom Capers was uncomfortable with the subject.

It was three days before the Green Bay Packers' season opener against the Seattle Seahawks on Thursday night at CenturyLink Field, and the team's defensive coordinator was holding his weekly session with reporters at Lambeau Field. 

And he knows we know. 

He knows we have seen it. 

He knows, as is the team's right per an agreement between the NFL and the Pro Football Writers of America, that we have been asked to keep any major scheme-specific changes out of our reports from practice. 

But anyone who has spent time around the Packers since they started workouts in April knows this one might be the granddaddy of all unscouted looks. 

Really? 

Let's talk about that after everyone sees what he throws at the Seahawks....

....Including Peppers, who will play outside linebacker rather than his old defensive end spot in the Bears' 4-3 scheme, the Packers have 11 linebackers and just five defensive linemen on their roster. 

Clearly, there's a reason for so many linebackers and so few linemen....

Last edited by ilcuqui

Bull$hit.

He'll be saving the "grandaddy" for the NFC Championship game/Super Bowl

Remember Capers pulled a "grandaddy" out when he dropped BJ Raji into coverage & Raji proceeded to pick 6 the Bears & vault the Packers into the Super Bowl.

He hasn't had the personnel he has today in a couple years. His defense doesn't produce this year & it's time to move along.

Yes this is a big game & can set the tone for the season but it's 1 regular season game, not the NFC Championship game.

@jasonjwilde: #Packers inactives:
QB Scott Tolzien
CB Demetri Goodson
LB Carl Bradford
DT Mike Pennel
WR Jeff Janis
TE Brandon Bostick
LB Jayrone Elliott

Haven't studied the roster enough yet to have a deeply informed opinion but thought Pennel would be active. 

EDIT: @TomSilverstein: #Seahawks inactives: CB Simon, RB Michael, LB Pierre-Louis, TE Helfet, WR Bates, WR Norwood, DE Scruggs 

Last edited by ilcuqui
Originally Posted by cuqui:

@jasonjwilde: #Packers inactives:
QB Scott Tolzien - zzzzzzz
CB Demetri Goodson - What an awful POS human being. #IStandWithJamari
LB Carl Bradford - See above

TE Brandon Bostick - He'll be better than JerkMichael
DT Mike Pennel - WTF IS WRONG WITH TED DOESN'T HE WANT THIS TEAM TO WIN111111111
WR Jeff Janis - WTF IS WRONG WITH TED DOESN'T HE WANT THIS TEAM TO WIN111111111
LB Jayrone Elliott - WTF IS WRONG WITH TED DOESN'T HE WANT THIS TEAM TO WIN111111111

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.