Skip to main content

say what you want about Castle but he hit 83 right in the schnoz.   these guys.  it's all mental. the physical stuff is there. But one second they can dismantle a nuke with pen knife and duct tape and the next they struggle catching a goldfish on a hot plate.

pablopackerfan posted:

say what you want about Castle but he hit 83 right in the schnoz.   these guys.  it's all mental. the physical stuff is there. But one second they can dismantle a nuke with pen knife and duct tape and the next they struggle catching a goldfish on a hot plate.

I think the chick detective was hot.  Nathan was great in Firefly and he's done well in that drama. 

Amusing.

Cavetoad posted:
pablopackerfan posted:

I think the chick detective was hot.  Nathan was great in Firefly and he's done well in that drama. 

Amusing.

And today, we're all ruggedly handsome.

Except Blair Kiel, he's just another damn prettyboy.

antooo posted:
Cavetoad posted:
pablopackerfan posted:

Amusing.

And today, we're all ruggedly handsome.

Except Blair Kiel, he's just another damn prettyboy.

Henry was center fold on an Alfa Laval calendar back in the day.

oldschool posted:

Henry was center fold on an Alfa Laval calendar back in the day.

My spread in Hoard's Dairyman is nothing short of scandalous.

I consider the Alfa Laval milk machines as my first girlfriend.

Last edited by Henry
The Ref fka Blair Kiel posted:
catts posted:

The Dallas Cowboys' Radio Network has the game covered too w/over 50 radio stations in 5 states.

State of Denial

State of Depression

State of Drunken owner

State of Despair

State of 20 Years of Mediocrity.

Your best post ever Blair!!!!  Lov it!

MichiganPacker2 posted:

Not back for a seventh round pick. Two impact plays on special teams today. 

Case in freakin point.  This guy is Not a waste of a roster spot!  He is an absolute stud as a gunner!   Just wish the hell they just let him play a few downs on offense.

This team is what it is and if they want to get to where they want to go they're going to have to rely on solid D and the ground game.  

Still too many drops and off target throws.  But at least it looks like they finally might have a plan B to get it done.

@Edwerderespn: #Packers HC Mike McCarthy said it was brutal on him personally to take play-calling from Tom Clements but professionally felt had to happen.

Exactly and the right way to address it publicly as well.

DH13 posted:

This team is what it is and if they want to get to where they want to go they're going to have to rely on solid D and the ground game.  

Still too many drops and off target throws.  But at least it looks like they finally might have a plan B to get it done.

I think back to the Giants who won a Super Bowl or two with a team like this.

Nothing spectacular, gotta believe a bunch of grinders can get it done. 

Exactly.. Game plan today focused on the strengths of the team, RB and short pass game to Cobb, and not the weakness as we have seen in weeks past. ( long passing game to ****ty WR's)

Embrace who who we are and game plan to it.

Esox posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

Case in freakin point.  This guy is Not a waste of a roster spot!  He is an absolute stud as a gunner!   Just wish the hell they just let him play a few downs on offense.

His roster spot is NOT, repeat NOT on ST's. (Exclamation point?) 

Meanwhile, DOHvante was beyond terrible and no one could take his spot. We won in spite of that void. Period.

Really glad the gunner done good today. Really sad the passing game has a Grande Canyon sized void in it.

But whatever boys. Yay Whitey! Way to NOT see the field again while the starter in front of him sucked freaking ass!

Last edited by Pistol GB

All who want Janis on O seem to want him in on 3rd down to run a fly to stretch the D. Well, when he does that and does catch the ball, he'll be too gassed to be the gunner on the punt team, which is where is value to this team is right now.

Hungry5 posted:

All who want Janis on O seem to want him in on 3rd down to run a fly to stretch the D. Well, when he does that and does catch the ball, he'll be too gassed to be the gunner on the punt team, which is where is value to this team is right now.

Oh. No.

Gee W. Willikers. How 'bout second down then there, Sherlock?

Sure was nice to see the Packers offense have a big day. I think they could have done more in the middle of the field, but with the run game blazing away, I'll shelve any major complaints. 

Defense took care of business. Nice.  

Kinda like this McCarthy fella who calls plays...

Pistol GB posted:
Esox posted:
MichiganPacker2 posted:

Case in freakin point.  This guy is Not a waste of a roster spot!  He is an absolute stud as a gunner!   Just wish the hell they just let him play a few downs on offense

But whatever boys. Yay Whitey! Way to NOT see the field again while the starter in front of him sucked freaking ass!

Yes. I'm certain Myles White is much better in this role.

And if the meteor doesn't hit, dinosaurs would rule the earth.  

Bring that ball back to the playground any time there hey.  I want Janis out there right now on offense as much as anyone.

More, actually. If you recorded the game, go back and watch the  failed 3rd down where AR glared down the receiver, after he had to throw it in the dirt. Go back and watch that replay. Adams was absolutely putrid on that play. And all day. Surely the coaches can see that. Yet there he is on the field, play after useless play. And there isn't a player to replace him.

You see that, right? You want to throw Myles White out there as an argument in the face of that, really? Pretty hard to refute that. Impossible, actually, since It is unknowable.  All we do know for certain is the coaches think #83, activated and standing there available on the sidelines, is worse than absolute garbage.

That is maddening as heck, and I'm certainly not apologizing for having wanted Myles White in the face of that. At least White knew the playbook.

I'm happy for Janis on ST's really, but it should not be the end all here. They need him on offense now more than ever.

Last edited by Pistol GB
oldschool posted:
DH13 posted:

I think back to the Giants who won a Super Bowl or two with a team like this.

Nothing spectacular, gotta believe a bunch of grinders can get it done. 

As much as everyone would like to think success on the NFL field is a reflection of talent, focus, commitment, intelligence and virtue, luck (not Andy) plays a bigger role than any of them.

What a difference MM makes as a play caller. It wasn't perfect - there was that tough red zone series and then that puzzling series where they featured Cobb at RB. But finally they looked like an NFL offense out there, getting over 400 yards of offense.

Why MM felt the need to give it up this off season is beyond me. Dumb plan from the start, as many noted at the time. If you're worried about ST and Def, then hire different guys to coach ST and Def rather than hand the offense over to an inferior option.

But even worse than the initial decision was the stubbornness to stick with something for so long that was clearly not working. They basically played two months with an arm tied behind their back because MM was worried about hurting Clements feelings. In the meantime, they've basically pissed away a chance for a bye and very nearly pissed away a chance for a division title if Detroit doesn't blow that game.

Hopefully they can right the ship these last few weeks and make some noise in the playoffs. NFC is wide open - none of those teams should scare anyone in the least. Just play your best ball come playoff time. 

I'm in 100% on that! 

Now move that glacier another inch and get #17 out of there in place of Abby or Janis or Monty and we're going places.

He gave Abby a shot today but it didn't stick. I would love to know why on that one.

Robin, we have to give him credit for switching back mid season instead of complaining it took to long, in my opinion.

MM is notorious for being loyal to a fault and sticking with the guy / plan / process far too long.  I'm viewing this mid season demotion as a huge step in his evolution as a coach.  I'm hopeful it opens his eyes to, as you said, that if he needs to coordinate the D and ST units than this coordinators are the problem. 

The D has been exceeding expectations all season.  Same with special teams.  If they start to slide as MM moves away I have faith that he has seen the light and will act accordingly.  Hopefully the influence he has had sticks and the units continue to exceed expectations all the way to the Super Bowl.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.