Skip to main content

There are going to be some quality OL there for GB to take. Taking one isn't sexy, but it makes complete sense when you have the best player in the NFL in the backfield and the new coach says he wants to run the ball.  

Taylor, Dillard, Risner, Ford and Lindstrom are all in play at 12 I think.  If several of them are there, trade back a few spots and snag an extra pick. 

With all of that said, there's one player that I can't get out of my head. TJ Hockenson makes a ton of sense.  He is fast enough to cause problems down the seam and he is a very good blocker that helps out in the running game. If he is there at 12, which I doubt he will be, its gonna be tough to pass on him.  I think he's going to be one hell of a NFL player. 

#12 Christian Wilkins DT Tremendous character plus really good player, Packer People. Option 2 Clelin Ferrell, Edge

#30 Deebo Samuel WR, perfect for the slot. Option 2 One of the Iowa TE's if they mysteriously fall.

Round 2, #44, Best OL available, preferably a RT or guy who can do both G or RT.

Round 3 best free safety available after that TE

Last edited by DurangoDoug
Packdog posted:
Pakrz posted:

Taylor, Dillard, Risner, Ford and Lindstrom are all in play at 12 I think.  

I don't think so. I can't see them drafting a guy at 12 like Lindstrom who can't play tackle ....  guard is no longer a need. They are pretty deep with Turner, Taylor, Madison, and McCray. 

TAylor and Mcray? The were horrible last year.  And who know what Madison has to offer after beign away for  a year. Guard/Tackle is a huge need. 

Floridarob posted:
Packdog posted:
Pakrz posted:

I don't think so. I can't see them drafting a guy at 12 like Lindstrom who can't play tackle ....  guard is no longer a need. They are pretty deep with Turner, Taylor, Madison, and McCray. 

TAylor and Mcray? The were horrible last year.  And who know what Madison has to offer after beign away for  a year. Guard/Tackle is a huge need. 

Never said Tackle wasn't a need !! It obviously is. 

Billy Turner and Lane Taylor will be the likely starters at guard. Big investment in Turner. Taylor is a good player who struggled due to injury last year. Turner, Taylor, Madison, McCray....and don't forget Saragusa !!!  I don't see a big need at guard, especially early which is the discussion. 

Back to the point , if they take a OL at 12 it's going to be a guy that's either a tackle and/or is versatile ....can play tackle and guard. That's not Lindstrom.

Last edited by Packdog
Packdog posted:
Floridarob posted:
Packdog posted:
Pakrz posted:

Never said Tackle wasn't a need !! It obviously is. 

Billy Turner and Lane Taylor will be the likely starters at guard. Big investment in Turner. Taylor is a good player who struggled due to injury last year. Turner, Taylor, Madison, McCray....and don't forget Saragusa !!!  I don't see a big need at guard, especially early which is the discussion. 

Back to the point , if they take a OL at 12 it's going to be a guy that's either a tackle and/or is versatile ....can play tackle and guard. That's not Lindstrom.

That versatile OL guy at #12 could be Dalton Risner. Risner can play OT, OG and C.

Last edited by mrtundra

Saw an interesting scenario on Twitter where Texans trade up to 12 from 23 to take one of the top Tackles Dillard or Jonah. To me there is definitely a drop off from the second tier of R1 players and early 20’s feels a lot more palatable to take guys like Risner, Savage, etc. than 12 does and is more realistic than them lasting until 30. Packers would add at least another 1st rounder, if not more, in that scenario. I could live with another trade down if the drop off in talent isn’t steep. If they pass on a top talent like Oliver to trade down or waste a pick on a QB then that’s different, but passing on Jonah or Sweat to take a guy like Risner isn’t a bad deal. 

Grave Digger posted:

Saw an interesting scenario on Twitter where Texans trade up to 12 from 23 to take one of the top Tackles Dillard or Jonah. To me there is definitely a drop off from the second tier of R1 players and early 20’s feels a lot more palatable to take guys like Risner, Savage, etc. than 12 does and is more realistic than them lasting until 30. Packers would add at least another 1st rounder, if not more, in that scenario. I could live with another trade down if the drop off in talent isn’t steep. If they pass on a top talent like Oliver to trade down or waste a pick on a QB then that’s different, but passing on Jonah or Sweat to take a guy like Risner isn’t a bad deal. 

I'm wondering if Washington will try to move up to 12, ahead of Miami as both could be looking for QBs.  Might net GB an extra third rounder to drop 3 spots.

Last edited by RochNyFan
Goldie posted:

I have no idea about who i’d Like the Pack to draft...... but what I want to know is what channel ya watching it on???  I think i’m going with NFL network, I love Rich Eisen and his crew.  

Grandson has his final senior baseball game. He will be pitching his last game. Will have my phone on watching the draft in between innings 

Going to be an emotional night.

Goldie posted:

I have no idea about who i’d Like the Pack to draft...... but what I want to know is what channel ya watching it on???  I think i’m going with NFL network, I love Rich Eisen and his crew.  

Loved watching Eisen and Mayock combo for the NFL draft.  Won't be the same with Mayock gone.

Wonder why no NFL team has tabbed Kiper or McShay for a GM spot yet? 

RochNyFan posted:
Grave Digger posted:

I'm wondering if Washington will try to move up to 12, ahead of Miami as both could be looking for QBs.  Might net GB an extra third rounder to drop 3 spots.

I have been seeing that exact scenario  a few times now with the Redskins moving up in a trade with the Packers.  Why would this be a good thing?  Daniel Snyderbrenner is one thing and that is he is to impulsive and I think the Packers could take advantage of that.

YATittle posted:

What round pick would you get for dropping down 11 spots?

Guess it depends on how badly the teams want to move up/back. New Orleans gave us a 1st to move up 13 spots last year, but GB only gave up a 3rd to move up 9 spots. Depends on the year of the pick, I think the rule of thumb is that future picks are worth a round less, so whatever would take a 2nd rounder in 2019 is the same is a 2020 1st rounder.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.