Skip to main content

TEAMS: Green Bay Packers (14-3, No. 2 seed) at San Francisco 49ers (14-3, No. 1 seed).

WHEN: 5:40 p.m. CT Sunday.

WHERE: Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California.

TV: Fox with Joe Buck (play-by-play), Troy Aikman (analyst), Erin Andrews and Chris Myers (reporters).

RADIO: AM-620 in Milwaukee, FM-101.1 in Green Bay; Packers Radio Network.

SERIES: Packers lead, 36-31-1.

LINE: 49ers by 7½.

WEATHER: Cloudy, high of 62 degrees.

SURFACE: Tifway II Bermuda Grass.

COACHES: Green Bay’s Matt LaFleur (14-3) vs. San Francisco's Kyle Shanahan (24-26).

LIVE GAME BLOG: Join Tom Silverstein for analysis and lively conversation.

Inactives: TBA

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm calm as hell right now but I'm sure I'll get a little jacked up as the day goes on.  No matter how this shakes out, this has been one helluva season that not many of us expected.  With the young coach, a shit ton of cap space and some excellent veterans on this roster, the immediate future of this organization is bright as hell.  

GO PACK!

I’m very nervous.......and it is a good thing we are in this game.  Do or die,  put up or shut up I guess eh??     Have you seen all the stats on this team??  Wow, not that good......but I think their heart and drive could make this a huge win.  

michiganjoe posted:

Just watched Kurt Warner give the QB advantage in the game to the Niners. Find that one extremely puzzling.

As stated many times over the years, I turn on the tv 5 minutes before kick off and therefore I don’t have to be offended by what somebody who gets paid to pontificate says.

It doesn’t matter.

I think Vitale still has the knee. 

Would expect Jace to be active. 

One thing I've been waiting all week for is someone to mention special teams. 

Have a feeling ST's play a big role in this one. 

Last edited by Boris
packerboi posted:

Get on board bitches. It's going to be a fun one today! 

#GoPackGo!!

They wanted Billy Turner on that trolley car but there was no room for his hair. 

After reading that article Boris posted about Saleh and Mayo the question needs to be asked.  Are we officially in the Playstation coaching era?  Who says video games are bad for you. 

I guess the Tecmo Bowl era never took off.

You bring in Raven Green and have him cover Kittle the whole game. Alexander and King have to man up their guys. 

I like Martinez, but he can’t cover a guy like Kittle. If we see Martinez on Kittle, the game plan on defense sucked. 

I think Sullivan needs to be the guy.  Greene has played solid ball but he's also been out most of the season.  I'd hate to see the rust show up in the championship game.  Sullivan and Greene with a nice rotation.

Henry posted:

I think Sullivan needs to be the guy.  Greene has played solid ball but he's also been out most of the season.  I'd hate to see the rust show up in the championship game.  Sullivan and Greene with a nice rotation.

Here's to Chandon Sullivan being the unsung hero of the day.

Tense, Worried, Nervous, yep, been all that as the day has progressed. However, now as the kickoff nears I am resigned to just sit back and watch THE PACKERS KICK THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THE DAMN 49ers. Packers will take advantage of the suposed confinence the 49ers have because to their earlier beatdown of the PACKERS. !!!!

Blair Kiel posted:
michiganjoe posted:

Just watched Kurt Warner give the QB advantage in the game to the Niners. Find that one extremely puzzling.

As stated many times over the years, I turn on the tv 5 minutes before kick off and therefore I don’t have to be offended by what somebody who gets paid to pontificate says.

It doesn’t matter.

You are a wise and hirsute man. Prophet-like.

Last edited by Chongo

Not much doubt when they brought Greene off of IR.

NFC Championship Game Inactives

Green Bay Packers vs. San Francisco 49ers

Green Bay Packers

• 11 WR Ryan Grant
  • 22 RB Dexter Williams
  • 24 S Raven Greene
  • 29 CB Ka'dar Hollman
  • 45 FB Danny Vitale
  • 70 T/G Alex Light
  • 79 T John Leglue

San Francisco 49ers

• QB Beathard
    RB Wilson
    WR Matthews
    TE Helm
    CB Johnson
    LB Al-Shaair
    DL Givens
Last edited by ilcuqui

Surprised they added Raven Greene only to make him inactive today..when they didn't activate him last week, I really thought it was because they were holding him back for this week as their "secret" weapon to cover Kittle. Guess not.

Chongo posted:

Yeah probably not a good time to roll out a "secret" weapon in the most important game of the year.

Unless it's Reggie White.

Reggie is in heaven making watches.

For those wondering, P JK Scott is active and looked just fine in warm-ups. He actually was hitting the ball quite well and they didn't seem to cut back on his number of punts, so he must be feeling better. Also, safety Raven Greene is not active.
Link copied to your clipboard.