Skip to main content

ammo posted:
DH13 posted:
Goalline posted:
Thunderbird posted:

Maybe he's eating a few impossible whoppers a day?

Nasty shit!

Beef?  Huge environmental impact.  

Well, beef can take something that is basically inedible to humans, grasses that is, and turn it into food that humans can consume and thrive on.   We need to change from a grain based diet for beef and  dairy and return to grasses which conserve soil and have a low carbon footprint.   

Close but not really. Thing is humans are burning down carbon sinks to make pasture land for cows.  That's the issue.  Pasture is a monoculture that does little for diversity or overall ecosystem health.  Welcome to the 21st century where we've found a way get all the protein we need from non-beef and nearly non-meat sources all while employing more plants to sequester carbon and off gass oxygen.  We are capable of amazing things.  Just too greedy and arrogant as a species to stop shitting in our own bed.

Last edited by DH13
DH13 posted:
ammo posted:
DH13 posted:
Goalline posted:
Thunderbird posted:

Nasty shit!

Well, beef can take something that is basically inedible to humans, grasses that is, and turn it into food that humans can consume and thrive on.   We need to change from a grain based diet for beef and  dairy and return to grasses which conserve soil and have a low carbon footprint.   

Close but not really. Thing is humans are burning down carbon sinks to make pasture land for cows.  That's the issue.  Pasture is a monoculture that does little for diversity or overall ecosystem health.  Welcome to the 21st century where we've found a way get all the protein we need from non-beef and nearly non-meat sources all while employing more plants to sequester carbon and off gass oxygen.  We are capable of amazing things.  Just too greedy and arrogant as a species to stop shitting in our own bed.

Because of the trade war started by Trump Brazil and Argentina are seeing a great chance to take over world export domination of corn and soybeans.  It will take years to rebuild the trust of US grain exports, thanksDonlad Dope.  They are not making pasture land for grazing by burning. They are making tillable land to grow corn, soybeans, and even hemp.   Go ahead and eat your fake meat.  In 10 years we will find out fake meat is worse for you than fake butter  (margarine)   is.   

Last edited by ammo

Heck, in addition to the Amazon burning, a year ago Cape Town, South Africa (population of about 3.4 million), was only three months away from running out of water. Every resident was allowed only 50 liters (13 gallons) of water per day -- eating, drinking, showering, flushing, laundry, dishes, etc. The area saved itself by literally shutting off the water when a household went over the limit, and they shut down irrigation to agricultural growers -- losing about one-fourth of all ag production. A year later, they still have the same water restrictions, but they haven't run out of water -- yet. The world's canaries are struggling to sing...

DH13 posted:
Goalline posted:
Thunderbird posted:

Nasty shit!

Sounds like you've never tried it.  They're suprisingly good.  There are also some really good veggie burgers out there that taste better.  Different but better.  Trader Joe's Masala Veggie patties are great.  And you feel pretty good afterwords.

Beef?  Huge environmental impact.  I haven't cut it out completely yet but the fricking Amazon rain forest is burning down as I type this, partially because of beef.  People out of touch may think that's funny but when the source of 20% of the planet's oxygen (among other planetary resources) is turning to ash and cinders, it's hard not to reconsider.

Don’t eat Brazilian beef. Eat locally sourced beef. Solved! The impossible burger is a highly processed highly unhealthy food loaded with among other things, round up. I don’t care how it tastes. I’m not eating it.

ammo posted:
DH13 posted:
Goalline posted:
Thunderbird posted:

Nasty shit!

Absolutely! There is no more environmental friendly food than meat from grass fed ruminants. Cows and sheep fed only on grass will cycle the carbon through the soil. Plants on the other hand? Mono crop farming is literally destroying the the precious top soil. Top soil we’ll never get back. Cows preserve that soil.

DH13 posted:
ammo posted:
DH13 posted:
Goalline posted:
Thunderbird posted:

Nasty shit!

That shit NEVER happens in America. And we don’t tend to import much beef from Brazil, anyway. We do however get a whole lot of fruit and grains from Brazil, much of it grown from reclaimed Amazon forest lands. 

Last edited by Goalline

A couple of quibbly points. 

It doesn't happen in America because it already happened.  So how do we get away from feed lots, frankenchickens and porkpies to support the kind of meat consumption in this country with grassfed pasture land?  That's a lot of pasture and I haven't seen 10,000 acre alfalfa fields.  Point being grass fed beef is a positive thing but let me know when agri-business decides it's going to be ethical.

This comes from a guy that thinks humans would be just as good in a burger as any other animal.  If we're in a bunker somewhere and I need a snack, you're the snack.

Last edited by Henry

Why does someone always have to derail the thread?!  You're all a bunch of hooligans who should apologize to me right now. 

Anyways, Stuffed Jebediah on the bubble?  I gotta think they give him another year simply to get back to football form after taking a year off.  I saw one suggestion about getting him on PS but I don't think he'd clear waivers.

El-Ka-Bong posted:

I'd like to complain about pigs for a second.  Everyone knows bacon is delicious, but we have bred almost all the yummy out of pigs in the desire to make them lean and standardized.  Eat a heritage pig sometime, especially a fatty bastard and really taste what pork should taste like.  

Not sure I could like anything more.

Henry posted:
Goalline posted:

Ooh, soylent. Yum!

In this country, at one time, we had 50 million Buffalo all happily grazing on the American plains, yet we needed to destroy trees to feed 9 million cattle after we destroyed the buffalo? Odd!

So grazing in Omaha and Kansas City?

So, the problem is overpopulation of humans, rather than of cows?

Goalline posted:
El-Ka-Bong posted:

I'd like to complain about pigs for a second.  Everyone knows bacon is delicious, but we have bred almost all the yummy out of pigs in the desire to make them lean and standardized.  Eat a heritage pig sometime, especially a fatty bastard and really taste what pork should taste like.  

Not even sex?

Goalline posted:
Henry posted:
Goalline posted:

Ooh, soylent. Yum!

In this country, at one time, we had 50 million Buffalo all happily grazing on the American plains, yet we needed to destroy trees to feed 9 million cattle after we destroyed the buffalo? Odd!

So grazing in Omaha and Kansas City?

So, the problem is overpopulation of humans, rather than of cows?

Hence why I'm a cannibal.  I'm good for the environment.

Fedya posted:
Goalline posted:
El-Ka-Bong posted:

Not even sex?

How would you know?

Last edited by Henry
Fedya posted:
PackLandVA posted:

Hey Mods

How many pages of this non-Training Camp crap are you gonna let go??? 

This is a football forum and a Training Camp thread, right?

If you've got training camp news to post, post it and we'll discuss it.

Have they cut Kizer yet?

I don’t. But I come to this forum/thread to get info on TC, etc.  Not the crap that’s infused this thread the last couple of pages. 

PackLandVA posted:
Fedya posted:
PackLandVA posted:

Hey Mods

How many pages of this non-Training Camp crap are you gonna let go??? 

This is a football forum and a Training Camp thread, right?

If you've got training camp news to post, post it and we'll discuss it.

Have they cut Kizer yet?

I don’t. But I come to this forum/thread to get info on TC, etc.  Not the crap that’s infused this thread the last couple of pages. 

So, it’s either training camp or nothing? Nothing sounds better.

Watching the Winnipeg fiasco again. There is no getting away from the fact that the WR’s are battling for 50/50 balls much harder than recent years. Also working harder coming back to the ball vs waiting./sitting on routes. Noticeable difference. 

Maybe that’s just how Sheppard and Lazard were in college. But Davis looks like a different receiver. Either the switch finally went on or it’s coaching or he’s listening to coaching. 

Also. The route stems look different. There’s obviously a plan here.  It’s not three stick routes and then chaos. Kumerow sold a short out and then corkscrewed Nelson into oblivion for an easy TD. EQ sold a similar route but dropped a perfect throw. 

Work in progress and there’s a significant drop off in talent after Adams but there are positive signs you can’t gloss over. 

Last edited by ChilliJon

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.