Skip to main content

Gonna be fun....they crash and burn and we chuckle.  They succeed and at the least we pay attention, hoping for a crash.

Im in it for the entertainment, this is the first thing in a month, sports wise that has had any entertainment value.  I'm actually watching the NFL Network again!

The Packers added to their defensive depth before the draft started.

According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, the Packers claimed defensive tackle Gerald Willis and defensive end Jamal Davis off waivers.

They were cut loose by the Dolphins yesterday, after brief appearances last year.

Davis appeared in three games and Willis two for the Dolphins.

Davis was in camp with the Texans last year as an undrafted rookie from Akron. Willis went to camp with the Ravens last year after going undrafted from Miami.

Bucs have to get rid or OJ Howard now. There is no way they can keep Brake, Gronk and now Howard. Bucs are defintely winning the offseason award this year. Which usually spells doom for the franchise that does that. 

bvan posted:

The Packers added to their defensive depth before the draft started.

According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, the Packers claimed defensive tackle Gerald Willis and defensive end Jamal Davis off waivers.

I read a comment from one GM who said "you have to be ready to play a game before the draft starts"...meaning that you at least have a warm body available so you don't jump the board in a panic move. These are warm bodies

Gerald Willis
Willis (6’2/302) was dismissed from Florida football’s team for fighting teammates, transferred to The U, failed a drug test at Miami, took a leave of absence for the entire 2017 season, then earned second-team All-ACC as a 2018 fifth-year senior with a conference-high 18 tackles for loss, most by a Hurricane since Calais Campbell in 2006. Willis’ pre-draft workouts were limited by a late-season groin injury and off season hamstring pull. On tape, Willis is a pure gap-shooting three technique whose motor runs hot and cold and frequently gets washed out against the run.

This guy sounds like fun.
How do you fail a drug test at Miami?  Was the THC sample too dilute?

packerboi posted:

Pat's fans must be shitting themselves. 

What does Vince McMahan and the WWE get?   

Jamal Davis
Davis (6'-4", 240) profiles as a lean but athletic pass-rusher with good movement skills. A defensive end at the University of Akron, he posted 5.5 sacks, 16 tackles for loss, and an interception as a senior. At the 2019 Combine, Davis performed well, posting a 4.60-second 40-yard dash, a seven-second-flat 3-cone drill, and jumps of 39 inches (vertical) and 122 inches (broad). All of those numbers were above the 80th percentile for edge rushers (per Mockdraftable) and gave him an overall RAS of 9.47

Should be athletic enough to compete for a ST slot.

OJ Howard is very talented and would solidify the position WITH Stern IMO. I think people are being unrealistic with the compensation though. Hayden Hurst, who has done less in the league than Howard, just got traded to ATL with picks for amounts to a mid-2nd round grade. Howard will, and should, command at least a R2 pick. If TB is desperate to get rid of him (doubtful), then I think the best solution for them would be to package Pick 45 (R2) and Howard to GB for Pick 30. That effectively puts a mid-3rd round grade on Howard and puts them in prime position to take a defensive player or OL. Would Howard make that much of a difference? No. If they want to give him away like Houston did with Hopkins then yeah, but short of a heavily GB favored deal I would pass. 

the 2nd round pick is steep, but what's even steeper is that OJ isn't under contract after 2020. You can't trade away a 2nd without an extension and that's no easy task with only a 2 days to get it done

This has been an interesting week listening to all of the Pundits hawk their mock drafts and inside knowledge and trying to determine what's legit and what Is group speak.  This is also the week of the year that I miss the best draft guy that wasn't hired by a team- Joel Buschsbaum.  He was incredibly wired and he leaked more stuff than Joan Rivers and nobody ever got mad at him.  I remember in 2005 when GB sucked and the whole year was spent waiting on getting better the next year and how starting in November of that year Buschbaum wrote about this scout and that personnel guy going to WM to see Jennings play and I started telling all my friends about Jennings and how I was sure he was very high on the packers draft board.  I had spent the previous 10 seasons buying Joes stuff and the number of hits he had (Donald Driver, Mark Tauscher, Aaron Kampman and KGB) convinced me to trust him.  Since he has passed away I haven't read any draft guide that made me feel like I had any special insight and that is no exception this year but it is shocking how many draft guys this year seem to have locked on Michael Pittman Jr as out next WR and Peter King even speculating they might reach for him at 30.   Now I don't think he is a go for 30 and if GB couldn't trade down into the 40's then I think they might come up from 62 into that area especially if they select an OT or ILB in round 1. But this really feels like our guy -or somebody in the front office deserves a deception award!

My guess he'll be a FA by June 1st. Stoopid. 

@Boris posted:

The ol' "a couple guys threw it into my car" defense. We're glad now that GB let him walk, but at the time almost all of us were unhappy. Here's where we admit that the coaches and front office know more than we do. 

Link copied to your clipboard.