Skip to main content

@PackerHawk posted:

Yeah, I don't think we need to qualify anything about Stokes so far. Other than he's a rookie and expect more flags. There's just no way around that with a rookie DB that plays aggressive.

I’m not questioning Stokes ability. Or his play in his brief NFL career. But he’s still an unknown. He’ll have tendencies that better QBs and most DCs will find and try to exploit.  And then it will be on him to adjust/improve.  There’s nothing wrong with β€œqualifying” any commentary on on rookie after three games.

Ha Ha, D. Randall and others rooks have looked impressive after a couple games too.

Stokes seems to have an extra gear for recovery that Kevin King doesn’t have.  His combo of length and speed seem to be above average for an NFL CB.  That gives him a fighting chance to stay within striking distance of all the fantastic athletes playing at WR in the NFL these days when he’s in coverage.

He’s going to get beat now and then, but he seems to have the athleticism, build, and competitiveness to be the best complementary CB to Alexander we’ve had in the past 4 seasons.  Hopefully he can stay healthier than Kevin King has.

Sorry I cut it off, thats his stats through the first 5 games not just the Bengals game.

They don’t have Kings stats up yet for this week it looks like but his first two games have, surprisingly, not been strong.

2D1774C2-5CEB-4F74-88F2-15A63FA87501

From PFF

1. DL Kenny Clark, 80.3
2. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 79.3
3. CB Kevin King, 76.2

King gave up only 17 yards receiving into his coverage and had two impressive tackles resulting in stops before exiting the game with a shoulder injury.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.