Skip to main content

The Lowry haters in full force and hoping a guy not on the team gets 0 snaps?

I'm guessing this was directed at me. Wasn't "hoping" Lancaster would get 0 snaps. I'm assured of it. As long as the Raiders keep him on their roster.

And I don't hate Lowry. He's a good part of a rotation. A little bit overpaid but that's cool. If he is as good as I'm guessing you think he is the Packers seem to disagree. Slayton in 2021. Reed, Wyatt and Ford in 2022.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing part time Lowry vs full time Lowry. I'd be really surprised to see him in GB in 2023 unless he strikes out completely as a free agent.

I got the impression Lowry was better last year than the year before but I don’t watch closely enough to know that for a fact.  To me in a perfect world, Lowry is a really good backup/occasional starter.  He’s been forced to be full time starter and I think he’s just not quite good enough to be a bonafide every game starter on a Super Bowl Champ.  

I guess he could be a #3 DL starter on a champion if there’s an exceptional #2 next to Clark.  But prefer him to be the #4 D-Lineman in a 3-4.

@Timmy! posted:

Actually, he likely did have his best season last year.
Certainly much better than the last 2 years.
Dean Lowry Stats

I thought that he passed the β€œeyeball” test for me too. He did seem to be able to push opponents back when he rushed. His nickname is Rhino (I think it was Clark who said it in an interview). He probably won’t ever be a pro bowler but his teammates have commented on his bull rush strength.
TJ has been a tad disappointing. Yet he was only a fifth round pick and he has some athleticism for a big guy. He looks better than Lancaster did at that point in his career.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.