Skip to main content

WHO? Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-7) vs. Green Bay Packers (6-7)

WHERE? Lambeau Field Green Bay, Wisconsin

WHEN? Sunday, December 17, 2023 12:00 Noon Central Time

HOW?

TV Broadcast Channel: CBS Commentators: Andrew Catalon, Tiki Barber, Matt Ryan Broadcast Map Packers-Bucs shown in green

Last edited by packerboi
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

From packers.com:

Packers RB Aaron Jones is active for Sunday's home game vs. the Buccaneers after missing the last three contests with a knee injury. Among the Packers' other questionable players, WR Dontayvion Wicks, LB Quay Walker and CB Eric Stokes are all active.

But CB Jaire Alexander, who will miss his sixth straight game, S Darnell Savage and RB AJ Dillon, are out. This will mark the first game in Dillon's four-year career that he will miss due to injury. He has a broken thumb.

Packers’ inactives:

@Blair Kiel posted:

I don’t know how some of you people (TM) can continue to defend Alexander. He’s either a malingerer or a malcontent….probably both. And his mouth is too fucking big. Shut up and play.

He is either trade material at the end of the season or the Packers don't want to give him a big injury settlement when he is cut in the off season.

Besides the Packer obviously we need the Browns over Bears.  Want any hope the Bears have for a playoff spot extinguished.   

Giants over the Saints.  Put the Saints farther behind us.  Go Giants GO!!!!

Panthers over Falcons.   Not likely but here's hoping.

Commanders over the Rams.  Another not likely but Washington could be playing for their coaches job.  Wash also 5-1 ATS as underdogs on the road.

And Beagles over Seahags on Monday Night.  Might be the Back-up QB Bowl with Hurts sickness and Smith injured.

@Blair Kiel posted:

I don’t know how some of you people (TM) can continue to defend Alexander. He’s either a malingerer or a malcontent….probably both. And his mouth is too fucking big. Shut up and play.

What do any of us know about his injury?  And I haven’t heard him say anything during the last weeks, except to affirm Jordan Love’s continuing growth.  

Imagine if you will.  36 seconds left in the 4th quarter.   The Bucs face 4th and 8 on the 50 yard line.   Joe Barry sends in the call, heavy nickle.   The Bucs motion Mike Evans from right to left slot.   The Packers #1 CB / OLB Preston Smith moves out with him to man up.  

In the post game press conference following the shocking 50 yard game winning TD an emotional Matt β€œFrenchy”LeFluer takes the podium.  The rabid GB media questions the defensive call.   With tears rolling down his face he whimpers β€œyou guys are the ones who wanted man coverage, not me!!!!”

Last edited by BrainDed
@BrainDed posted:

Imagine if you will.  36 seconds left in the 4th quarter.   The Bucs face 4th and 8 on the 50 yard line.   Joe Barry sends in the call, heavy nickle.   The Bucs motion Mike Evans from right to left slot.   The Packers #1 CB / OLB Preston Smith moves out with him to man up.  

In the post game press conference following the shocking 50 yard game winning TD an emotional Matt β€œFrenchy”LeFluer takes the podium.  The rabid GB media questions the defensive call.   With tears rolling down his face he whimpers β€œyou guys are the ones who wanted man coverage, not me!!!!”

Spoiler alert

@Blair Kiel posted:

I get the frustration. I really do. But if he can’t raise his arm to tackle or PBU then I don’t want him on the field. And I kinda like his mannerisms.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.