Skip to main content

My philosophy as a coach would be, is once the team is mathematically eliminated, none of the starters are going to play going forward.  You don't deserve it, and I want to use the time to evaluate what else I have.

I wanna see Clifford. Accuracy matters.

@lovepack posted:

I wanna see Clifford. Accuracy matters.

Love is the guy in GB. And while he has plenty of things to clean up, he's far from the top of issues to be addressed. Let him work on his footwork for three more weeks. He missed a couple and placed some poorly like he does every week. Still 29-39 on a day when he knew he had to try to keep up because his defense was being shredded.

It looks like Love is going through the "pick up the team and be let down by the D." Scoring: TB 3-0. GB 7-3. TB 10-7. Tie 10-10. TB 13-10. TB 20-10. TB 20-17. TB 27-17. TB 27-20. TB 34-20.

Against the Giants, it was GB 7-0. Tie 7-7. GB 10-7. NY 14-10. NY 14-13. NY 21-13. NY 21-16. GB 22-21. NY 24-22.

Every time GB's offense closed the gap or had a lead in the past two games, they got dingleBarry'd. Yes, the offense has to put up more points, but geez...

@Boris posted:

Never happen. Jordan Love is wayyyy down the list of issues to resolve on this team.

It’s definitely not time for Clifford yet but Love is part of the issue. His footwork and accuracy are way too inconsistent.

Love was far from perfect, but played pretty well overall and it was a nice bounce-back game from his miserable performance against the Giants. The Baker Mayfield Lambeau game is one of those unfortunate memories that Packer fans will retain forever.

@13X posted:

It’s definitely not time for Clifford yet but Love is part of the issue. His footwork and accuracy are way too inconsistent.

Not yet. Love has to learn, and this is his learning year. He is inconsistent, but there's a number of factors not helping him: inconsistency of OL play, trying too hard to make plays, young receivers that are learning on the job (and once again had two guys within five yards of each other downfield), dealing early with the pressure of taking over for AR and lately with playoff pressure, etc. I don't think he'll gain consistency by sitting.

As a young single man in WI, I can tell you the few average looking women in WI were major bitches who thought their shit didn't stink because they had little competition.  Complete opposite in Colorado which was major reason I l came here.

Lol. Pretty girls are always considered bitches to the guys that can’t land them. I’m glad you found success in Colorado though.

@Fandame posted:

Not yet. Love has to learn, and this is his learning year. He is inconsistent, but there's a number of factors not helping him: inconsistency of OL play, trying too hard to make plays, young receivers that are learning on the job (and once again had two guys within five yards of each other downfield), dealing early with the pressure of taking over for AR and lately with playoff pressure, etc. I don't think he'll gain consistency by sitting.

If a game is a blowout one way or the other, I'd like to see Clifford get some snaps. Not as a Love replacement, but as a potential #2.

@bvan posted:

If a game is a blowout one way or the other, I'd like to see Clifford get some snaps. Not as a Love replacement, but as a potential #2.

I can agree with that. The problem is that there haven't been a lot of games where there's a real blowout. I think that's a good thing?    Sunday's game was still only two TDs down until late, and that's not going to give much to go on even if Clifford made it on the field.

I don't want to see Clifford. Nothing against him but I want to see 3 more full games from Love this year to see if he continues to play as well as he has the last 7 games. With any luck maybe even get to see how he does in the playoffs.

Clifford can wait for an injury or next summer.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.