Skip to main content

@ilcuqui posted:

From post-game:

LaFleur said TE Tyler Davis’ knee injury is significant. He made it sound like it’s a season-ender.

Ouch.

Where was he on the depth chart?

@ilcuqui posted:

From post-game:

LaFleur said TE Tyler Davis’ knee injury is significant. He made it sound like it’s a season-ender.

That moves Austin Allen up a notch. Though, wasn't he dinged tonight too?
To bad Marcedes is a Bear now.

The Bengals coaches looked pissed off the whole game. The offense looked like they were all on the same page most of the game, the defense played the bend don't break Barry defense. Fire the dumbass.

@DH13 posted:

Rap on Cox is he's got a record.  He needs to stay clean to have any success.

Is there anything more than the marijuana possession charge? If the kid is assaulting people, driving drunk, or battering his significant other it's a whole other level, imo.  If there's none of that it seemed more like he was a highly graded recruit with a shitty, entitled attitude that didn't take well to making sacrifices for the team. Seems like a guy that gets in his own way more than anything. If he can figure out how to mitigate that he has a chance, if not on to the next project.

Tough to gauge the "big picture" when we had our starting O & D lines vs. their second teamers. Individuals:

Love - looks poised, seems to follow his progressions, can make all the throws ...accuracy and improvisation are the questions. Missed a wide open Musgrave to keep the first drive going, similar to what is reported daily from camp. Didn't "ball fake" the edge rusher who deflected his pass.

WRs- made contested catches which we didn't see much of last season!!!

Musgrave & Kraft - Musgrave is an ELITE athlete for the position, a lot of potential. Kraft looks more like a "does everything fairly well, but nothing great", a good solid number 2 or 3 TE.

Sean Rhyan - has gotten a lot of love from those attending camp, but contributed to the pick 6 by getting cleanly beat.

Newman - has lost all confidence

Our rookie kicker - better get a vet into camp ASAP

Van Ness - looked a bit like a dog chasing his tail. Not yet able to see the play at the same time he is disengaging from blocks. had some plays where the ball was past him before he ever saw it (runners).

Valentine - steal of the draft so far

the rest of the defense was difficult to assess given all the guys sitting for Cinncy.

Overall an encouraging performance ....

Last edited by FLPACKER

.... the defense played the bend don't break Barry defense. Fire the dumbass.

I had a familiar feeling 'watching' (streams were extra shitty) the game last night.

The offense was playing reasonably well, and was in control of the game. The defense started playing soft, and let them right back in it.
Clifford's INT certainly played a role in the 1st half, but it was all on the defense in the 2nd.

With that said, they didn't allow an offensive TD, and that's impressive, but allowing teams to stay within 1 score means that a single play could change a game.

@ilcuqui posted:

From post-game:

Tenuta's injury didn't look good either. The trainer on the cart holding his ankle in place is worrisome.
Probably not as critical as Davis' injury, but it doesn't help.

@Timmy! posted:

I had a familiar feeling 'watching' (streams were extra shitty) the game last night.

The offense was playing reasonably well, and was in control of the game. The defense started playing soft, and let them right back in it.
Clifford's INT certainly played a role in the 1st half, but it was all on the defense in the 2nd.

With that said, they didn't allow an offensive TD, and that's impressive, but allowing teams to stay within 1 score means that a single play could change a game.

Two interesting facts;

1) We hadn't scored 30 pts in a preseason game since 2018

2) Teams throwing a pick 6 lose the game 85% of the time.

Re-watched 10...only pre-season but he looks like a totally different dude than he did last season.

I've seen some people criticizing him on social media for his "underthrown" ball to #9...R-E-L-A-X...

It's pre-season...that's what this shit is for. Was it underthrown? Probably...but even veterans underthrow or overthrow. He may have been trying to be too precise...who knows? Or cares. If he's doing that in October, I'll be concerned.

To me the positive is that it looked like an NFL QB's throw...it was tight, it was on target. And the DB made a hell of a play. If it's placed perfectly, it's a TD. Best thing was he saw 9 was open immediately and made the throw...not sure he would have done that last year. PROGRESS!

Not on the bandwagon yet, but I feel a whole lot better than I did last year at this time.

One thing is for sure...there's a whole lot of WR/TE tallant around him...much more than we've seen in recent years. There are going to be some tough cuts at WR.

@R MaN posted:

Packers TE Tyler Davis tore his ACL
https://sports.yahoo.com/packe...-tore-153409587.html

Packers tight end Tyler Davis caught a touchdown in Friday night's preseason opener, but he won't be adding any more scoring plays this season.

I thought the tackle on that play was pretty cheap.  Dove right for his knees.

What did you guys think of the OL play? Seemed like Josh Myers had exchange problems when he was in there. Zach Tom looked good at RT, but when he was at center he was getting pushed back way too much. Rasheed Wallace got some playing time, too, but I didn’t focus on him much. I get nervous anytime Royce Neman or Jake Hansen are in the game. But I’m no expert, and many of you have made it clear that you guys know it all! So enlighten me!

I think you are spot on with Tom, IDK if he is strong enough to handle some of the better interior d-lineman, but has good enough feet to be a good tackle. However, Myers did not play well at center last year, and from all reports has not been any better so far in camp, so I can see why the Packers are trying Tom there. As far as last night, difficult to say since Cinncy didn't play their best d-line guys.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.