Skip to main content

@vitaflo posted:

You also don't see many QB's crying on their mommy's shoulder after a loss.  As soon as this kid faces any adversity in the NFL he's going to lose it and start pointing fingers and blaming others.

He's the kind of guy who likes to talk shit and when he gets punched in the mouth he (literally) runs home crying to mommy.

N summary, he’s not a leader of men.

The men in the trenches are not going to put it all on the line for a cry baby bitch with pandas and unicorns painted on his fingernails.   It’s just not gonna happen.

Last edited by BrainDed
@packerboi posted:

Would love to see a lot of this in the next couple years..

Nice to see a highlight taken by a spy satellite.

Here's a well done article from ACME Packers with some additional info and multiple clips on Mr Evan Williams

https://www.acmepackingcompany...williams-jeff-hafley

What stands out almost immediately with Williams is his post-snap recognition and explosiveness when triggering downhill. When he diagnoses and reacts to a play happening in front of him, he can quickly blow it up. He showed that multiple times throughout Oregon’s dominant win over Colorado.

Teams that run mesh or underneath routes need elite speedsters in order to successfully run them against Williams. The Packers rookie can trigger so quickly with proper pursuit angles that he’s able to consistently prevent unnecessary YAC.

---------------------

One of the ways to attack a single high defense is underneath routes and crossing routes and apparently, Williams is quite good at shutting those down.
So he's a Hafley-influenced choice

His most likely role is on STs and back up Safety to start the 2024 campaign
Its going to be weird seeing him sporting the 33 jersey

Evan may not be the best athlete in the DB room, but he will be the best prepared in terms of film study and understanding the game.

One of the smartest players I've ever been around...was an honor student out of St. Francis HS in Mountain View, CA...a very rigorous private Catholic school. I believe he was a 4.0 GPA kid in college too, graduated in 3 years.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers...obvious-01j3jb5xk7h4

@Chongo posted:

Sam Seale = Treasure

At 8:40 James Jones tells a heartwarming story about that nice older gentleman named Sam Steale that might be staying at a holiday inn near you and your family if you live in the vicinity of a west coast college town.

Last edited by titmfatied

Saw an interview with him about the final stop and the comparisons I've heard to Micah Hyde seem apt- a really smart and well-prepared player who the Packers need to get on the field as much as possible. He made a nice play on the stop but the key was pressure on Stafford.

Last edited by michiganjoe

Williams had a good game, and I'm glad for him.
Somebody always needs to step up when another player is missing, and I'd say he did that.
Let's hope that continues.

Now, watch that video posted above again, but watch the DL/pass rush, and the blocking schemes their OL used. Some plays had 2 double teams.
Also note the plays that utilized a blitz.
And the Packers were playing LBers at DE? Maybe not enough bodies to rotate at DE?

I’m not sure who lost snaps for Williams to get in the field last week but I like it. I believe GB can move Bullard into the slot and have Williams on the back end with X. I guess that would leave Nixon as the odd man out… I’m okay with that.

Tremendous play from the rookie.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.