3-Cone Drill

--

20-Yd Shuttle

--

Bench Press

Reps

Player Bio

• 2018: Redshirted.
  • 2019: Played in 1 game as a reserve (no statistics).
  • 2020: Played in 6 games with 1 start (26 tackles, 2.5 TFL with 2 sacks, FF).
  • 2021: Honorable Mention All-Pac-12 Conference. Led the team with 9 PBUs. Played in all 13 games with 12 starts (68 tackles, 6 TFL with 1 sack, INT).
  • 2022: Started all 13 games (80 tackles, 4 TFL with 2.5 sacks, 6 PBUs).
  • 2023: Second-team All-Pac-12 Conference. Tied for the team lead with 2 INTs, 8 PBUs. Started all 13 games (74 tackles, 3 TFL with 1 sack, FF).

-- by Chad Reuter

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 4
NFL Comparison
Jaquiski Tartt

Overview

Oladapo possesses classic strong safety traits and play attributes, which should help evaluators define him more easily. He has very good size, with the play strength and toughness to tackle near the box and enough cover skills to line up over tight ends in man. While he can play some split safety, he can be a little inconsistent in big space, so playing forward is his best bet. There is room for improvement as a tackler, but he generally pursues with leverage and takes his role as last line of defense to heart. He has "make it" size and attributes. He's likely to come in as a backup with special teams duties but has a pretty good shot of becoming an eventual starter.

Strengths

• Athletic frame with desired build and play strength for the NFL.
  • Team captain who gets the back end situated pre-snap.
  • Swoops in using proper angles to clean up leaky edges in run support.
  • Stays in balance to tackle while driving downhill toward the play.
  • Can line up over both Y and F tight ends in man coverage.
  • Adequate ball skills to attack the throw and create incompletions.

Weaknesses

• Bumpy transitions out of backpedal and struggles to change direction in big space.
  • Gets overtaken by long speed when situated as a deep safety.
  • Needs to meet blocking receivers with quicker pop to eliminate them.
  • Can be indecisive diagnosing mesh point on zone read and RPOs.
  • Shorter arms create some inconsistency as a wrap-up tackler.
Last edited by packerboi
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'm sensing an OL, S, LB theme to GB's draft this year, as well as team captains: Morgan, Bullard, Hopper, Oladapo, Monk, Solomon. A couple teams had game captains, so I'm not sure if those guys were caps or not. If anything else, these kids have some leadership skills and that helps make a good locker room.

@Fandame posted:

I'm sensing an OL, S, LB theme to GB's draft this year, as well as team captains: Morgan, Bullard, Hopper, Oladapo, Monk, Solomon. A couple teams had game captains, so I'm not sure if those guys were caps or not. If anything else, these kids have some leadership skills and that helps make a good locker room.

Xavier and Josh Jacobs were also team captains.  Seems to be an important mark for the front office on players now.

Former Team Captains is uge for GB.  With almost zero exciting to do for 20 somethings in a town of 100k   Have strong team leaders to keep them accountable and all about foosball.

Door County trips are ok for the married and Pickleball crew. 

With such a young team, it's important to have those team leaders in addition to what you mentioned, Iowacheese. It's not only the lack of nightlife, but with few "older" players it helps to keep everyone focused on team play and not me play. Captains tend to be those type of guys as well.

@vitaflo posted:

Xavier and Josh Jacobs were also team captains.  Seems to be an important mark for the front office on players now.

Too many cooks in the kitchen - GTFO of my kitchen!

From The Athletic, Dane Brugler

SAF11

STRENGTHS: Owns a muscular, well-built frame with play strength and body length … instinctive and plays confident … quick to read and identify mesh or different route combinations (flood, sail, etc.) … flashes quick feet and functional range from the slot or deep half … smooth-jointed for speedy recoveries in coverage … tracks the football well and resists the urge for early contact … diagnoses well versus the run and fills with a head of steam … stones defenders in the hole and creates knock back as a tackler … long arms and strong hands aid his finish … effective as a wide blitzer … communicates well with his secondary mates … former walk-on and voted a team captain in 2023 … has cornerback experience and aligned high and low in the Beavers’ scheme.

WEAKNESSES: Only average long speed and will fall behind on deep routes … more comfortable playing the man than the ball (recorded an int erception in just two of his 46 games played) … lacks suddenness in space and can be stressed by quick slots … slightly bundled through his hips and change-of-direction skills are a little sticky … missed tackles are usually a result of overaggressive habits, whiffing or bouncing off bigger ball carriers … needs to impr ove his hand placement and timing for more efficient block shedding … roughing the passer penalty vs. Arizona in 2023 … doesn’t have as extensive a special -teams resume as expected for a sixth-year safety … will turn 24 years old during his rookie season

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Oregon State, Oladapo was a versatile safety in defensive coordinator Trent Bray’s hybrid 3 -3-5 stack. A former walk-on at
cornerback, he transitioned to safety in Corvallis and earned All-Pac-12 honors each of the last three seasons. Oladapo confidently reads run/pass and aggressively drives downhill with competitive urgency to make impactful tackles. His average twitch and build-up speed out of transitions will be more noticeable versus NFL receivers, but his route awareness helps keep him stay connected in coverage. Overall, Oladapo doesn’t have ideal top-end speed or rangy ball skills for deep coverage, but he is a good-sized athlete who trusts his sightlines and enjoys making noise in the run game. He projects best as a down safety who can al so earn his paycheck on special teams.

GRADE: 4th-5th Round

Love the Beavers

@mrtundra posted:

Surprise players of this draft will be Oladapo and Evan Williams, IMO.

I'm going with Monk and Cooper. I know it's hard to say a second-rounder doing well is a surprise, but I think he could shine.

@Fandame posted:

I'm going with Monk and Cooper. I know it's hard to say a second-rounder doing well is a surprise, but I think he could shine.

I'm going with EdgeCoop & Bullard. Picking the first rounder is too easy.

EdgeCoop could easily be a Roquan/P. Queen clone & I'm hopeful he's even better.....like Fred Warner would be great. Haven't had anyone like that since Desmond Bishop. Quay should really take off this year with Edge next to him.

Bullard has a chance to really shine with good corners plus X back there too.

Gotta like what we are seeing with this defense so far!

Last edited by Boris

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.