Skip to main content

Oh Brother is a top summer delight.

So is Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

So is Jaws.

So is Castaway.

So is Sideways.

The last mad max was pretty spectacular. 

Rushmore

A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints 

The Straight Story 

Midnight Run

Mulholland Drive 

Taxi Driver

Blade Runner 

Dunkirk was impressive. 

ChilliJon posted:

Movies that are an immediate remote drop as you’re scrolling

The Fugitive

No Country for Old Men  

You're on a roll, C'jon!

Parts of The Fugitive, primarily when he jumps from the dam, is in the area where I've spent many a day riding motorcycles. As matter of fact, when Ford is driving the stolen ambulance, there's a quick glimpse of a road sign indicating Murphy (NC) is so many miles away. That's where Eric Robert Rudolph is from/was captured.

Jeebus, I sound like Fedya

@Timmy. Nobody can scroll though guide and see “The Fugitive” and continue searching. It’s forever imbedded in our DNA as humans to stop and watch. Because we’re all proud we know exactly where we jumped in and what’s happened and we can’t wait to hate the greed of Devlin MacGregor all over again. 

Die Hard is there as well. Especially around Christmas. 

Timmy! posted:
ChilliJon posted:

Movies that are an immediate remote drop as you’re scrolling

The Fugitive

No Country for Old Men  

You're on a roll, C'jon!

Parts of The Fugitive, primarily when he jumps from the dam, is in the area where I've spent many a day riding motorcycles. As matter of fact, when Ford is driving the stolen ambulance, there's a quick glimpse of a road sign indicating Murphy (NC) is so many miles away. That's where Eric Robert Rudolph is from/was captured.

Jeebus, I sound like Fedya

Hateful.

And I would have made a Henry Fonda reference anyway....

ChilliJon posted:

Favorite period films with bonus incredible score:

The Road To Perdition 

The Untouchables 

Lincoln

All great movies. I think I want to see Perdition again. It has been at least two years. 

I must be getting my old. I watched a movie two days ago , with the Italian guy, DeNuro? And Travolta. I think it was called Killing Season?? Maybe Travoltas best acting ever. But only because of the effort he made to speak like an Eastern European. He earned my respect. I live in Europe, he sounded authentic, respect!!

the rest of the movie was pretty h****sh*t. 

But, it is the only movie where Travolta kept me interested because of HIS talent. 

Godfather or Godfather II?  While there can’t be any debate these are the best two movies ever made. Which one is better? This could be its own thread. 

By the way it’s The Godfather. 

Citizen Kane beat out The Godfather for #1 in both AFI lists (which only selected American movies).  Godfather II was down at #32.  So there is some debate.

Of course, all of us are going to have our own problems with such lists.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.