Skip to main content

Packers now enter the toughest "quarter" of their season, at least on paper.

This game feels like it's going to be a tough one...

Will be warmer and more humid than the Packers are used to...and historically Packers have had struggled in Florida.

Coming off a bye also worrisome...feels a little like Brady will carve up this defense much like Philip Rivers did last year.

It's going to need to be a score-fest I think...

Last edited by packerboi
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I also hope the players/staff makes smart choices the next two weeks.  I am not sure but are the players held in GB and not able to travel?  Are they stuck in GB and not allowed to travel?

As for the game the obvious thing for me in big spots as usual is the defense.  I think they match up well with the Yucs offense but I worry about Gronk running free in the middle of the field because it seems the Packers struggle lately covering the TE.   As for Brady I think he will get some yards but if they can lock down the WRs and push the pocket with Clark I truly think they can handle this team.

@The Heckler posted:

I also hope the players/staff makes smart choices the next two weeks.  I am not sure but are the players held in GB and not able to travel?  Are they stuck in GB and not allowed to travel?

Players aren't going anywhere:

Aaron Rodgers on having to stay in Green Bay for this week for the bye: "It sucks, it totally sucks. Obviously it is what it is, especially as an older player, I look forward to the bye weeks. It is what it is, weโ€™ll be here, weโ€™ll make the most of it but it sucks."

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

3 words:
Ball control offense.
Regardless of Brady's skill now, keeping him off the field doesn't give him the chance to do anything. Other than throwing another pick-6....
And their fatties can wear down like any other team. Chasing Jones and Williams all day can do it to 'em.

FWIW, the early forecast for the 18th is 82/67. I'm guessing the 1st half would be plenty warm with humidity, and hope the 2nd half is relatively cool.
Or is the humidity as brutal at night?

One thing to keep in mind: Angry Bald Man is not LaFleurs choice.

As a rookie HC, he was essentially told he has to keep him. Fine.

A 17-3 regular season record to start this career of his as a HC, letโ€™s just say MLF has a tad more street cred.

If Pettine doesnโ€™t get it done, LaFleur has more then enough success to tell The Triangle of Authority that weโ€™re done with ABM and its time for his guy.

Last edited by packerboi

The defensive line is playing "better" since second half of Saints game because there are more of them in the game! We've gone to a 5-2-4 alignment on almost every First & Second down, When we have played a 4-2-5 we've "run blitzed" out of it. I think Pettine knows that other than Clark, we aren't going to win many one-on-ones so he has to put more defenders between the tackles. In addition, with Thomas from NO out & Jones & Ridley not 100%, he thought we could hold up in the secondary even with playing a "run heavy" alignment. It will be interesting with Clark back, and facing  WRs at full strength, will he stay with the 5-2-4, or bet that Clark can be disruptive enough that they don't need to?

5 games now & I've seen Tampa be very undisciplined with penalties & turnovers. In the 4th Q last night, Tampa had 6 straight plays with penalties. That is 100% on Arians & his coaching staff.

Even if the Packers have 1 or 2 turnovers (they currently have ZERO, which is eye-popping), I still think the Packers will put up 30 fairly easily even if they turn the ball over once or twice. It'll be on the defense to get 1 or 2 takeaways to match. They've been close to the ball every game

Brady4Fingers

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Brady4Fingers
Last edited by Boris

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucca...uffered-broken-ankle

Yeah.....Tough one....Looked brutal seeing it live.

Gutey potentially could've been eyeing Vea in 2018 at the 14th slot. When the Buccaneers took him with the 12th pick. That's right about the time he started working the phones trading down from the 14th slot with the Saints so they could draft Davenport then Gutey trades back up to get Jaire.

Just a little history lesson in the 2018 draft.

Last edited by Boris

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.