Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by ShebPackFan:
He needs to get cut tomorrow!!
Not really. The 53 and 55 yarders aren't what needs to be worried about. He needs to be cut if he can't make the 19-40 yard FGs. These long misses are on McCarthy. He has this dumb idea that it will rebuild his confidence if he can somehow make one of them. The only way he will break the slump is by making the easy ones consistently. These long attempts just need to be taken off the table until he can prove he can make the easy ones.
quote:
Originally posted by The Nerve:
Officially time to bring someone in to challenge Crosby. Unfortunately, there's nobody good out there. I wouldn't have said that until today, but that short almost-miss worries me more than the 50+ yard miss.

Anybody who's kicked in the league before has to be better than Crosby.

Teams have been bringing in kickers the last couple of weeks. There has to be someone out there than the headcase we have for a kicker.
They need to take anything beyond 45 yards off of the table right now. His range needs to be 19-45 yards. If he cannot improve to hitting at least 3/4ths of those easy ones, THEN he should be cut. If he does manage to get it going from that range, then you start trying longer kicks. This is all pretty basic "walk before you run" stuff going on here.
quote:
Originally posted by tundra_power:
quote:
G*d d*mn it Finley!!!! Mad

Finley?? 3 and 1 and we throw a 20 yard pass? I just cannot figure this out.

exfugginactly!!!! Regardless of what play was called there, AR could have easily ran for a yard and picked up a new set of downs. Nope... we can't have that. Let's chuck the ball downfield for ****s and giggles. He's gotta be smarter than that BS.
Crosby has now officially(in fans minds) run out of of second, third, fourth, and fifth chances by the Packers organization,they simply cannot finish a season where they are in serious jeapardy of even making the playoffs without an adequate FG kicker and they dont have one right now,I dont know what the problem is with him but he has had enough chances to get it right,time to move on without him. Mad
I
quote:
Originally posted by Pakrz:
quote:
Originally posted by tundra_power:
quote:
G*d d*mn it Finley!!!! Mad

Finley?? 3 and 1 and we throw a 20 yard pass? I just cannot figure this out.

exfugginactly!!!! Regardless of what play was called there, AR could have easily ran for a yard and picked up a new set of downs. Nope... we can't have that. Let's chuck the ball downfield for ****s and giggles. He's gotta be smarter than that BS.
This whole team has a mentality where they want to hit it big when the plays they need to keep drives alive are right in front of them. It goes from the coaches all the way down to the bottom of the roster.
This is not a smart or disciplined team right now. Too many dumb mistakes. 3rd and one, Aaron flushed out of the pocket...he could have run for the first. Instead he throws it 12 yards downfield, incomplete. Punt.

Randall Cobb fielding a punt at about the ten yardline, then running 5 yards backwards trying to get around the push, and getting tackled at the 4.

Why are the Packers making these stupid mistakes over and over? Calling plays which take far too long to develop are going to get Aaron killed. That quick pass play to Finley right before the field goal try. That's what we need more of. The three step drops, the quick pass plays that take advantage of our quarterback's accuracy. That will slow down the pass rush, and offer Aaron a semblance of protection in doing so.

We can only blame the offensive line so much. Much of this is the play calling, which isn't very good right now.
quote:
Crosby has now officially(in fans minds) run out of of second, third, fourth, and fifth chances by the Packers organization,they simply cannot finish a season where they are in serious jeapardy of even making the playoffs without an adequate FG kicker and they dont have one right now,I dont know what the problem is with him but he has had enough chances to get it right,time to move on without him.

+1

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.