Skip to main content

I am loving how the defense is clearly not going to be pushed around this year.  They are punching that vaunted SF offensive line in the mouth and swarming to the ball.  And although Matthews late hit wasn't smart, it sends the message that playing the Pack is going to be a dogfight.  Sure do miss having Burnett though, MD Jennings needs to light someone up.

His point is play is over when Kap crosses the out of bounds marker.  Then when the hit occurs, play is dead

Originally Posted by FLPACKER:
Originally Posted by dajim:

Mike Peira Just on TV.  says the refs screwed up the call on the Mathews late hit.  should have been 2 dead ball fouls, so no replaying third down.  so bogus touchdown

I think Peira has it wrong, he said both penalties were "dead ball" penalties, but they clearly called the hit by CM a "late hit" whioch is a live ball penalty, I think the refs got it correct

Had a few nice runs, but Sitton's been called for holding on all of them. Defense playing well ovarall and offensive Packer mistakes are the only thing really keeping this one as close as it is.

Originally Posted by FLPACKER:
Originally Posted by dajim:

Mike Peira Just on TV.  says the refs screwed up the call on the Mathews late hit.  should have been 2 dead ball fouls, so no replaying third down.  so bogus touchdown

I think Peira has it wrong, he said both penalties were "dead ball" penalties, but they clearly called the hit by CM a "late hit" whioch is a live ball penalty, I think the refs got it correct

I think you are wrong. If going by what you say 49ers should have then gotten a 1st and goal at the 2 and then a 15 yard penalty to push them back to the 17.  That would never happen.

Originally Posted by slowmo:
His point is play is over when Kap crosses the out of bounds marker.  Then when the hit occurs, play is dead

I'm pretty sure that because it happened as a continuation of the play it is a live ball foul. 

Am I really watching the PACKERS defense?they look awesome and a totally different defense from last I saw them.hopefully they can continue to play the second half with the same intensity.cant imagine the Niners not going to the option in the second half to be as successful as the last game these two played.

After the refs gave them 4 points or maybe 7 and we had 2 turnovers and our crappy field position I'm happy to be tied. Packer D standing tall.  Gave up only 10 rushing yards.  Still more pressure on the QB and not giving 3rd down plays by them and less penalties is a key.

The situation with Boldin is resembling Plaxico's in the NFCCG. I realize that them holding back on rushing upfield on Kaepernick is giving him more time to find Boldin, but they have to do something about him.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.