Skip to main content

Originally Posted by Brak:

One thing is clear from that clip...he will probably be healthy all year.  So there's that.

Not according to Bob McGinn. He's gotta get in there and lay some hits to stay healthy!

Do you only get credited with one missed tackle per play because EDS had six on the screen pass alone. The most blocking he did was the initial "make it look like you whiffed" whiff as that's the only time he made any real contact with a defender.

Originally Posted by Henry:
EDS, always playing to be "not the worst".  That's like saying you only have a slight case of herpes.

Now, now Henya.  Don't go putting words in my mouth.  At no time did I say he was a pro-bowler or even the best lineman on the team.  I am saying that some people, yourself included, are convinced he's a garbage player, which I disagree with.  

Last edited by "We"-Ka-Bong
Originally Posted by LarseeBear:

AR didn't throw that int. Finley kicked it to the db. Ugliest muff/dropkick/wiff/drop/ right in Finley's hands/dingeridoo I've seen in a long time.

Just Finley being Finley.

Watched first quarter of game on NFL Replay last night and EDS was BRUTAL. Couple of Lacey's plays where he was tackled for a loss were 100% on him as his guy blew by him. He's looking worse than Saturday...

Sitton and Lang were both awful. I mean really bad. Sitton had one of the worst games I've ever seen him play. Lang looks like he's picking up where he left last year. Improved as a run blocker but still struggling against pass rushers, particularly bull rushers. He lets too many guys get into his pads and drive him back. 

Barclay had a nice game. 

If his man doesn't come to his face and challenge him, he can't find anyone to block.   It happens way more often than you would think possible for a professional. 

I can share at least 3 examples of it happening from this Sunday alone.   He is decent to above avg at pass protection though and that's probably the most vital part of the game for this team.   

Get well soon, Tretter. 

From McCarthy yesterday RE: Sitton's back problem (Josh didn't practice yesterday)

Talking with Josh Sitton. It started bothering him on long flight out there. Made progress yesterday to today

Wonder how much the back bothered him during the game?

Tretter isn't going to contribute anything this year. No training camp, no preseason doesn't add up to being a starter for a rookie 4th rounder. At best, he may have a shot as an emergency backup or get some snaps in blowouts.

Originally Posted by Pakrz:
EDS, always playing to be "not the worst".  That's like saying you only have a slight case of herpes.

Now, now Henya.  Don't go putting words in my mouth.  At no time did I say he was a pro-bowler or even the best lineman on the team.  I am saying that some people, yourself included, are convinced he's a garbage player, which I disagree with.  

No, you chose to point something out specifically to me with the caveat of looking for built in excuses and I responded in kind.  

Packers' Jolly should be credited with moving touchdown drive along

On third and 1 at the Packers 40, QB Aaron Rodgers ran a bootleg to the left for a 6-yard gain before being chased out of bounds by LB NaVorro Bowman. First down for the Packers at their 46.

That's when Jolly stepped in. Bowman's momentum took him into the Packers' sideline and as he was walking back on the field, Jolly walked to him and said something that perturbed the 49ers linebacker enough that he turned around and shoved Jolly in the chest.

Up went a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct against Bowman. Jolly raised his arms up as to say, I didn't do anything.

"It's just a part of the game," Jolly said with a smile when asked about it. "It happened. Hey. It was him. He put his hands on me. I was standing on the sideline."

Asked what he said to Bowman to tick him off, Jolly said with a laugh, "I was just standing there. We were just having fun."

On the TV broadcast, James Jones gestures over his shoulder to the sideline with a big smile on his face as he appears to be telling Rodgers what happened. 

The ball was moved to the San Francisco 39 and three plays later, Rodgers threw an 8-yard touchdown pass to Jordy Nelson that tied the score. continue

Comeback player of the year usually goes to a player coming off of injury, but if Jolly continues to improve and contribute he should be in the discussion. Not just a feel good story with him. I like the idea of Jolly and Daniels as the DL in the dime.

Originally Posted by Pakrz:

No, you chose to point something out specifically to me with the caveat of looking for built in excuses and I responded in kind.  

I love you sugar plum.

Originally Posted by Hungry5:

Comeback player of the year usually goes to a player coming off of injury, but if Jolly continues to improve and contribute he should be in the discussion. Not just a feel good story with him. I like the idea of Jolly and Daniels as the DL in the dime.

Jolly's personality and motivation during games are infectious.  MM and TT love the guy, as do all of his teammates.  While it takes more than just one guy, it looks to me like the addition of Jolly has changed the face of the defensive line.  

From Arizona:

In other news ahead of Sunday's game, Fitzgerald appeared on the Cardinals' injury report Wednesday as a limited participant because of a hamstring injury.

WTF is up with the S & T staffs around the league?

http://www.packersnews.com/art...d-15K-hit-Kaepernick

Matthews was the only Packers player to come out of Sunday’s loss with a lighter wallet, but two 49ers players – linebacker Ahmad Brooks and receiver Anquan Boldin – also picked up fines from the NFL.

Brooks was fined $12,750 for a roughing the passer penalty committed on Aaron Rodgers later in the second quarter after Matthews’ hit on Kaepernick.

Boldin was docked $7,850 for a late hit on Packers cornerback Jarrett Bush on another Kaepernick third-down sideline scramble in the third quarter. The play went for a first down, but Boldin’s hit went uncalled with the league fine serving as an indication it should’ve been.

I finally watched the second half of the game.  Except for the one bonehead INT, I don't know how you can't be excited about how Finley looks starting this season.  Since his knee he has had problems with the drops and never really showed any sign of still having that athleticism and burst he had in 09.  I saw plenty of it sunday and if he keeps his head on straight I think we're finally going to see the player we all thought he could be. 

Safeties looked like Marquand manuel or the 4th quarter of a preseason game.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.