Skip to main content

Who cares? Just bashing ideas around.

Point is, we may have lost our top WR for the season, even before it has begun. We are also well stocked with young talent. If Ted wants a veteran WR, and Jordy cannot go, I'll support whoever he deems best.

What gives with people wanting to completely shut down ideas? Shouldn't ideas be expansive, to solve a problem? It's a pretty big problem. The solution may be on the roster, or not. If not, I don't see a motivated Moss being out of the question, if the team wants him.
Last edited by Trophies
Originally Posted by Trophies:
Originally Posted by Pack-Man:

Two games should be the target. Have the starters play the first half of the first game, and then give 100% of the snaps of the remaining six quarters of the preseason to the rookies and backups. That'd be the perfect configuration.

And, Jordy still would have been down in this scenario.

Didn't read that too carefully, did you?

Why would you say that?

I happen to want the best performers we can get out there on the field. Period. Within the wishes of Thompson and the team.

Risk takers = Polyanna?

Hey, just trying to keep some perspectives open. I'd love for Ted to replace Jordy with another proven vet if that's what he wants. Not sure we really need that, but if Ted wanted to sign a player like Moss, I would support it.
Last edited by Trophies

1) I'm a Free Range A-hole

2) You are overly optimistic about most players

3) Bringing up unrealistic things like Moss when it comes to TT and everything we know about the organization is silly.

Most of the pricks here generally grind out solid analysis because we pummel the piss out of each other for either being too pessimistic or optimistic.  Trust me, this is the nicest I've ever been.

Last edited by Henry
Originally Posted by slowmo:

Well Henry, go **** yourself.
It appears Times Four has survived pre-season and is rounding into midseason form.....

....and just think, all it took was a season ending injury to Jordy. I can hardly wait for the next milestone.
Last edited by Boris
Does the type of damage to the ACL have an impact on the initial reaction? I guess I'm asking is whether him walking off the field like he just shook off a twisted ankle is a good thing, bad thing, or irrelevant? Since there are degrees of ACL damage, I wonder if this is on the better end of the spectrum that would allow a return? He walked off the field and walked to the locker room.
Originally Posted by slowmo:
Well Henry, go **** yourself.

It appears Times Four has survived pre-season and is rounding into midseason form.....

You're the Wang to Trophies Ying.   

Originally Posted by Grave Digger:
Does the type of damage to the ACL have an impact on the initial reaction? I guess I'm asking is whether him walking off the field like he just shook off a twisted ankle is a good thing, bad thing, or irrelevant? Since there are degrees of ACL damage, I wonder if this is on the better end of the spectrum that would allow a return? He walked off the field and walked to the locker room.

Best case scenario is that it is a Grade 1 sprain (fibers stretched). Possibly a Grade 2 sprain (fibers partially torn). Both are treated with rest, ice, compression and elevation, and recovery can be expected in 2 to 8 weeks if treatment is started immediately and goes well enough.

There is usually a pop sound with one of these, even the more minor sprains. Good that he was able to walk without limitation afterwards. That may point to it being on the minor side. If he had little pain with it, and reacted more to the popping sound, that also is a good thing.

Really surprised he didn't get a cart ride to the locker room. Really surprised by that. It ought to be a rule if they suspect knee damage.

Really hoping it is one of these lesser two, and not a complete tear (Grade 3, which is 6-12 months recovery time after surgery).

Last edited by Trophies

On another note, Carl Bradford, in half the playing time of Nate Palmer, 2nd on the team in tackles with 5 yesterday plus 1 TFL, behind Clinton-Dix's team leading 6.

I thought Elliott had a decent game. Hubbard getting the FR was good to see. Randall with the INT was a positive after getting caught in a rub on the TD. Gunter with 3 PDs, phenomenal play by him. What a competitor. Gaston had a sack and a couple of QB hurries, as did Datone jones. Julius Peppers keeps on delivering. I would keep him out the rest of the preseason!

You could see Palmer really struggled to finish plays wearing that club, and he was in position on many of them. Rollins seemed to struggle a bit yesterday too, but made some tackles with 3. Not much from Vaughters, Jake Ryan, Boyd. Good to see Ringo get some late reps.

Next Saturday, against PHI is going to be big for a lot of these players, with the first roster cut down to 75 players following that game, Sept 1st at 4:00ET. This will be a big challenge for our D, as PHI is playing at a pretty good clip on O. There ought to be a lot of opportunities for our defenders to stake a claim.

Agree on Barclay, but our staff seems to want to give him every opportunity to challenge. Walker may be a better option there.

Last edited by Trophies

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.